I’ve Got Mail!

I have email again!

After a week of very limited email, I installed Outlook on my computer today and imported my contacts and all my folders and messages from the old mail programme that crashed. I am so grateful that I was able to do this easily after thinking all was lost!

I am very excited to share the latest rectangles with you that have arrived from overseas. Thank you all so much, it was such a wonderful surprise to collect all the parcels from the post office on Friday. We are going to start sewing the blanket together now, piece by piece. Thank you to a lovely friend Anna for gifting us with a copy of her most recent publication, I am sure my little ones will enjoy reading it.

We have been having a profound amount of rain here, sometimes two or three thunderstorms a day. Our garden is flourishing, I have never seen it so full of growth and beauty. These flowers have sprouted and I have no idea what they are but they are so pretty and multiply continuously.

Our new granadilla vine has started producing fruit as well, we can’t wait for these to ripen.

I love this crochet flower, it was a birthday gift sent to me from dear Jenni, I have it on my car keys and it makes me happy each time I see it, such lovely handmade goodness, thank you:)

PS Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments in the last post about my shawl. When I was still in the planning stages, I wasn’t too sure about the colours, I am not much of an extrovert and tend to shy away from anything bright or bold. Knitting in these colours definitely moved me past my comfort zone and I am so happy I tried something new because I really love how it turned out! xo

, ,

8 Responses to I’ve Got Mail!

1. Lynda M O October 30, 2012 at 7:15 pm #

I love the keychain, I must try out something similar-perhaps a tree ornament with that outer circle-so neat and so new to me.

Your blooming flowers delight my senses, I wonder if they smell as pretty as they look.

• Linda October 30, 2012 at 7:50 pm #

The keychain is really gorgeous, Jenni is so clever, I think Christmas decorations done like this will be beautiful!

2. Pam October 31, 2012 at 1:46 am #

Granadella vine? Looked it up and mostly referred to as a destructive moth?? Tomatoe? What is that? Yor flowers are beautiful. Fall leaves and late crop of lettuce. Parts of the East Coast has gotten more water than they ever want to see. Sandy is a naughty lady!

3. anna October 31, 2012 at 9:12 am #

Linda, I know mail is supposed to arrive where you send it and it really shouldn’t be a surprise when it arrives, but there is something a bit magic about seeing that it really has! I think Violet would love all those exquisite knitted pieces. What an extraordinarily beautiful garden yours is…I’m quite awe-struck! xx

4. Diana November 1, 2012 at 3:00 am #

The flowers are Bouganvillia. The yellow ones. They work beautifully for sachets.

5. K November 5, 2012 at 5:59 am #

I am SO happy that I finally got myself awake enough to send. I can’t tell you how deep my happiness is, getting to take part in this project.

6. Linda November 10, 2012 at 4:31 pm #

Linda,
    Love this little ring flower. Would love to have the pattern. Where would I go to get this pattern?
    Linda In Dallas

• Linda November 11, 2012 at 7:51 pm #

Hi Linda,
      If you write to Jenni over at http://www.baamekniits.com/ she is the designer of this lovely pattern, she will be able to help you:)
      Take care