Kye’s Fairy Garden…

Kye has always loved, The Hollyhock Wall by Martin Waddell… It really is the sweetest little book. As soon as he opened his eyes this morning he wanted to know if I had a pot for him to build his garden in. He was inspired to build a fairy garden just like the one he has seen inside this book… This was a project for Richard and Kye, it was so sweet to see them building the garden together. Erin made a bridge from matches, a ribbon was used for a stream, a little house structure was built and plants planted here and there with some moss. Erin also made some people from corks and now they live happily in this fairy garden by our front door…. Kye is the happiest five year old in the world and declared that this was THE best day ever! I will just have to talk very nicely to our 16 chickens and ask them to please not go and scratch in this pot as the fairies live there now:)

Take care…
Linda xo

17 Responses to Kye’s Fairy Garden…

1. Meu jardim de crochê - Jeanne July 31, 2011 at 6:11 pm #

Ficou maravilhoso. É um mini paraíso. Parabéns aos teus filhos. Bjs.
    Jeanne

2. Purplebears July 31, 2011 at 6:41 pm #

Oh how wonderful! I have an empty barrel just waiting for plants. This is a perfect August activity for the boys – I’ll have to look for the book, too.

3. Rachel~ At the Butterfly Ball July 31, 2011 at 7:07 pm #

How sweet! I love that he declared it the best day ever! Such precious innocence. We made a fairy garden last summer and my little ones really enjoyed it all season.

4. Creative Design July 31, 2011 at 7:43 pm #

I love fairy gardens! When my daughter was small we made many of them. When my niece and nephew would come to visit, we would make and hide one for them to find! Oh the look on their faces!

Sheila

5. Heaven July 31, 2011 at 8:45 pm #

It’s lovely, wonderfull!

6. sarah in the woods July 31, 2011 at 10:16 pm #

I love looking at people’s fairy gardens. The little cork people are so cute.

7. JenMun(a) July 31, 2011 at 11:01 pm #

what a beautiful fairy garden! this is what children need… encouraging their imagination. I think my little ones would like it too! and it is even more beautiful because they have worked all together on this project (I think I woul be just proud as a mama;))
    JenMuna

8. Julie August 1, 2011 at 12:27 am #

Oh, I love it! I am seeing so many of these sweet little fairy gardens around. I really need to make one with my girls.

9. K August 1, 2011 at 4:49 am #

The garden itself is a beautiful piece of work. I’d have loved it as a child. And I’d love it now. But i think what made it the best day ever was the working side by side- the everyone focused together and laughing and dreaming together. That is the best for me. Always.

10. themagiconions August 1, 2011 at 5:38 am #

Utterly delightful, Linda! He looks so happy with his little spot. Thanks so much for sharing this in our Fairy Garden Competition… oh how will we ever choose the winners ;-&
    Blessings and magic,
    Donni

11. Baa-Me Kniits August 1, 2011 at 5:41 am #

Kye’s garden is gorgeous, how wonderful that everyone helped to make it special for him. I miss 5 yr olds. Good luck with the chickens!

12. Hinterland Mama August 1, 2011 at 9:38 am #

I’m such a fan of Faerie Gardens! Everything in miniature. Big ideas from our little people while they create. Kye has created some more wonderful, life long memories.
    I’m going to have to find this book now…

13. suzanne August 1, 2011 at 10:23 am #

A lovely fairy garden Kye~

SO nice to have bigger sisters to help.

Happy day~!
    Sue

14. pinkundine August 1, 2011 at 11:53 am #

That’s so wonderful, I love it!

15. MARİFETANE August 1, 2011 at 3:28 pm #

ne güzel..

16. Natalie August 2, 2011 at 10:34 am #

I love this, I am sure Kye does too!!!

Great stuff 😀

x

17. Kathy August 17, 2011 at 6:16 pm #

You guys have a very wonderful fairy garden planted up! I too have that Hollyhock Wall book and I love it! It has so many nicely done photos for inspiration on this topic.