Goodbye Sweet Girl…

Today, sadly, our beautiful white Hi-Line chicken, Bumbles, passed away. She was Jenna’s chicken… We are all sad here today, how we love our special feathered girls… we will miss you…

17 Responses to Goodbye Sweet Girl…

1. Val September 20, 2010 at 4:36 pm #

That is a shame, she looks like she was lovely …we still have fond Memories of Snowy..she was a white hen who used to love sneaking into the kitchen when no one was looking.. and sitting on the only soft chair…she was an only hen at the time and everyone else lived in the house…

2. new dawn September 20, 2010 at 9:38 pm #

O it hurts so much wen you lost a pet you love, and the hen look so lovely.
    greets Nel

3. karen September 21, 2010 at 12:17 am #

Thats so sad:( wishing you all love and healing

4. Gremlina September 21, 2010 at 3:06 am #

it’s hard to lose a hen! we’ve lost 2 and it wasn’t easier the second time.

5. jenny miller September 21, 2010 at 3:13 am #

Sorry for your loss of your lovely Bumbles. We have chickens too, so our family has had similar experiences with the cycle of life and death. Peace and love to your family.

6. Dawn September 21, 2010 at 3:59 am #

What a beautiful chicken. I’m so sorry about your loss. That is so sad.
    I wanted to let you know that I received your rainbow yarn in the mail today. It’s so soft and pretty. It came at the perfect time to, because I have some time for knitting. 🙂 Thank you.

7. suzanne September 21, 2010 at 5:27 am #

Shame Linda…Goodbye to bumbles.

A few of ours have moved on too. Old age..Hope Jen gets a new one soon.

X
    Sue

8. Wabi-Sabi Wanderings September 21, 2010 at 5:41 am #

Such passages can be so difficult. She looked like a beauty of a hen.

9. Forest-Dweller September 21, 2010 at 1:41 pm #

As the doors open and close…we are left in the middle…with joy and sorrow…
    Joy because they walked with us on our life road for awhile.
    Sorrow because they had to go.
    May the sun shine gently on Jenna today…but sun shine..shine on sweet Jenna.

10. Baa-Me Kniits September 21, 2010 at 2:34 pm #

Oh dear, Poor Jenna….it is hard for us to say goodbye to our little friends.

Hope it wasn’t Sandy?

11. Beth September 21, 2010 at 4:14 pm #

Oh, what a beautiful hen. We lose a few now and then here too, it’s always so sad.
    hugs to Jenna!
    Beth

12. Jen September 21, 2010 at 7:40 pm #

I’m so sorry to hear about your beloved girl. Hugs to you and Jenna 🙁

13. gardenmama September 21, 2010 at 10:52 pm #

I’m sorry to hear this sad news Linda.
    Wishing your family peace during this time.

14. Rene' Sharp September 22, 2010 at 5:29 am #

SORRY 🙁

15. Shannon September 23, 2010 at 3:15 pm #

Did the girls make a spring garland for her grave? much love to you, especially Jenna. x

16. Valarie September 23, 2010 at 3:20 pm #

I’m so sorry for your loss. Special hugs to Jenna.

17. K September 24, 2010 at 2:15 am #

I’m sorry I came late to this – it’s been a bit of a whirlwind around here of late. So I am sorry I wasn’t there to cry with you all. People who don’t have animals don’t understand, I think, the awful chill of heart and the hole in our lives when we lose them. We only had one goldfish – he grew so big and bold and beautiful and joyful. He belonged to my Cam, and we took care of him when Cam left for two years in England. Then one day, we went to feed him – and believe it or not, that fish would come to greet us at the side of his bowl. But we couldn’t find him. Those first few seconds were so terrible – and then we did find him. So big and bold he had jumped into the air at the edge of the bowl and fallen out onto the desk. He had died alone. And the entire family grieved for that one little fish.

I am just getting to know chickens. I had never realized how real they are, and how funny – and affectionate. I am so sorry, because I now that Jenna is aching. She needs a new chick. Right away. Bless your hearts, all of you. But here is the one thought that comforts me as one of my horses and my dear Piper dog grow dangerously old: I know, beyond any shadow of doubt, that I made their lives as beautiful, gentle, safe and loving as anyone on the planet could have done. While they were mine to bless, they were blessed. And I believe they have souls, too – and that we’ll still know them later. And they will love us for loving them.

My love to Jenna and you all.