Birthdays, Knitting and Veggies

Erin 15a

Jen and Erin

Kyea

Kye discovered a huge carrot in the veg garden!

Marin 23

Marin’s pattern will be released soon

We’ve had a wonderful weekend, our Easter was lovely consisting of a traditional early morning Easter egg hunt in the front garden. Richard always gets up really early and hides the eggs for everyone. Kye loves the egg hunt and even though the girls are getting older, I think they still enjoy it too, my oldest babies are both growing up too quickly… Later we saw family who were visiting from Zim, it was so nice to connect again after quite a few months.

Yesterday was Erin’s 15th birthday! We played Adventure Golf in the morning, went out for lunch and saw family and friends in the afternoon. She had a fantastic day!

Kye has been growing carrots and I seriously cannot believe the size of that carrot he’s holding! Wow!

I want to say a big Thanks You to Anne who has gone over my Marin Spring Horse pattern for me to see if everything is in order. I really appreciate you taking the time to do this for me Anne. There will be a small test knit starting soon as well. I will ‘earburn’ a few of the lovely test knitters from previous test knits as soon as the pattern is ready (for all those not on Ravelry, ‘earburn’ just means to ‘message someone directly’. Earburn does sound rather awful doesn’t it? :) )

Linking with Ginny today.

Happy Wednesday!

8 Responses to Birthdays, Knitting and Veggies

1. zauberflink April 23, 2014 at 5:25 pm #

I love your horse! And the cat, and the owl… don’t have time to look around because my family is waiting for dinner ;-) but I’ll be back! So glad I found you through Ginny! Lena

• Linda April 24, 2014 at 10:08 am #

Hi Lena and welcome!
      Thank you for your kind message, hope you enjoy your visit here.
      Best

2. mamasmercantile April 23, 2014 at 6:17 pm #

That what some carrot. The patterns are stunning.

• Linda April 24, 2014 at 10:08 am #

Thanks so much:)

3. Linda Howe April 23, 2014 at 9:20 pm #

Linda,
    It’s been awhile since I clicked on to see what my favorite family in South Africa has been up too. I am totally blown away at how beautiful and grown up looking your girls are. Good grief, it hasn’t been that long since I saw your blog, but they have really grown.
    Charlie and I have also decided to go Paleo. We are not into it 100% just yet, but I am working on it. Just had to stop and send you a note about your gorgeous girls. Have a great week!
    Linda from Dallas

• Linda April 24, 2014 at 10:52 am #

Hi Linda!
      It’s lovely to hear from you:)
      Paleo has been wonderful for us, we’re all feeling so much better and healthy. Jen’s insulin levels are way down too, so that’s great news.
      I hope you and your family are well.
      Have a lovely weekend
      xoxo

4. Lori April 23, 2014 at 11:06 pm #

Your girls are so pretty and grown up and look just like you! And…LOVE your horse! Aloha, Lori

• Linda April 24, 2014 at 10:53 am #

Hi Lori,
      Thanks so much for your kind message!
      Have a lovely day,