Connecting

Swimming

Family

Gazebo

Lego

Dont you just love Lego? It’s all over our house, covering tables and the floors of many rooms… but it does spark such creativity doesn’t it? This is Caiden’s creation.

Baa

Baa1

A Shady Nook

Love

Erin Hair

We’ve just finished a seven week school holiday! It was wonderful for our family, we really connected and spent time just ‘being’ together. Richard took two weeks off, he works quite far from home which means he leaves early and comes home late each night, so what a treat to see him for 2 whole weeks! My poor mom has been suffering with Shingles, the pain has been unbearable, she has it on her neck and jaw area and it’s been so difficult for her to eat and even speak. Today, when she visited, she did say that it has improved but I could see that she was still experiencing quite a lot of discomfort. Apparently, the pain can persist for 6-8 weeks before it eases, I really hope she has some relief before then.

Jenna is back from her 10 day scout leadership boot camp, it was tough and she didn’t get much sleep but she really enjoyed her time there, she says she has learned so much from those 10 days which is fantastic! We are very proud of her.

Erin has been practising different braids in her hair, this one above was particularly pretty.

Our sweet Lab Sandy, affectionately known as ‘Baa’ never misses an opportunity to swim with us in the pool. Today was our first day back at school, it was a great day, filled with the goodness of family, cooking and lists of things to do, I didn’t get to all the things on those lists but tomorrow is another day…

Elegant-Cotswold-CowlPS my Cotswold Cowl has been test knitted and the pattern is now available on Ravelry. It’s a really quick knit, wonderful to knit up in an afternoon and gift to a friend.

Hope your day is filled with happiness x

, , ,

8 Responses to Connecting

1. Barbara January 16, 2014 at 3:35 am #

Linda,
    I can really sympathize with your mother. Five years ago I had shingles in a 5-inch wide swath from spine to navel. The pain was indescribable and I couldn’t sleep for days because the pressure of even the sheets intensified the pain. I know her pain and will pray for her speedy recovery.
    Barrbara

• Linda January 16, 2014 at 8:27 am #

Thank you so much Barbara, it’s difficult to see her suffer like this, I appreciate your prayers.
      xo

2. Lori January 16, 2014 at 7:28 am #

Hi Linda,
    I’m so glad that you had some quality family time together. My husband has long hours also and I know what a treat it is to have our husbands home with us–relaxing…My prayers go to your Mom. Aloha, Lori

• Linda January 16, 2014 at 8:27 am #

Thanks so much Lori, I really appreciate it.
      🙂

3. Joanne January 16, 2014 at 1:05 pm #

I have had shingles twice on my side, part of my back, and under arm. No fun at all; really does hurt. My doctor has given me the shingles shot. I hope that means I will never have it again. My heart goes out to your mom. I do hope it is not long lasting and I hope she can get relief and comfort soon.
    Glad to hear that you have had such wonderful days with family. The pictures are grand. I love the one in the pool. Beautiful dog. And the braided hair is gorgeous! She did a great job! The flowers in the hair are so pretty there too! Warmly, Joanne 🙂

4. Lynda M Otvos January 19, 2014 at 8:19 am #

Wow, I am so sorry for your mom’s discomfort. My husband suffers with them occasionally and I can attest to the pain and suffering he goes thru. Holding your mom up to the Universal healing Power and hoping for a quick remission and no more flare ups.

What an interesting braid-a skill to be practiced-doing the back of one’s head. Unable to even use a blow dryer, I have tons of respect for her ability to work behind her and without being able to see-Amazing !~! Beautiful !~! Cre8ive !~!

5. Lynda M Otvos January 19, 2014 at 8:21 am #

Caiden’s Lego guy evokes aliens from a future fraught with battles and the need for triumph.

6. Natalie January 20, 2014 at 3:53 am #

Hi Linda
    So sorry to hear about your mom and her shingles outbreak. I know you are a family who does things as naturally as possible, including treating health concerns . I don’t know if it is available where you are but the homeopathic medication Lysine can be quite helpful with shingles. I unfortunately have HSV (herpes simplex virus) in my nose which can be quite painful and I take Lysine regularly after an outbreak and also when I feel stressed as I know that can trigger an outbreak. I have also taken the Lysine for three or four months every day especially if I have had a few outbreaks back to back. Shingles is in the same family as herpes and I know people who have been helped by taking Lysine.
    I did a quick google search and found this website,http://www.biovea.com/za/product_detail.aspx?NAME=L-LYSINE-500mg-100-Capsules&PID=1230. Don’t know if that will help but I wanted to share with you. I hope your mom is back to her old self soon.