Black and White Wednesday and WIP Wednesday…

This is one of my favourite black and white photos of Kye when he was younger… His hair is growing long again, love it! If you have also done a black and white Wednesday post today, please share your link in the comments so we can visit:)
When I saw this Shalom Cardigan for the first time on Amanda’s blog, I knew I had to knit one.  I think it was the green colour more than anything else that really woke up my senses and the way the pattern twists around the neck… I am looking forward to this knitting journey:)
Love the twists…

This is a custom order for my shop, someone has asked for a pink South African knitted lion:) I think he will be so sweet when finished.
Happy day to you all:)

15 Responses to Black and White Wednesday and WIP Wednesday…

1. momma rae June 30, 2010 at 1:54 pm #

mine is here:

thanks for doing this linda! 😉

2. Elizabeth June 30, 2010 at 2:49 pm #

Beautiful photo!

I am about to cast on a Shalom Cardigan. I just need to finish up a few other projects first.

Love the pink lion.

3. CHILDHOOD MAGIC June 30, 2010 at 2:53 pm #

beautiful black and white, and knitting 🙂

4. TulsiLeaf June 30, 2010 at 4:24 pm #

I keep meaning to do one of those shalom cardi’s. It’s so hot down here in Florida, but sometimes it’s nice to not freeze in the AC. What yarn is it?

Lovely b&w photo. Beautiful child.

5. Julie June 30, 2010 at 5:05 pm #

Love that green!

6. Linda June 30, 2010 at 5:10 pm #

Dear Rae,
    Thank you so much for taking part:) Your photo is beautiful:)
    Warmly

7. Linda June 30, 2010 at 5:15 pm #

Dear Elizabeth,
    I am looking forward to seeing your Shalom Cardigan:)

Dear TulsiLeaf,
    I had the yarn specially dyed up for the knit. It is a Pure Wool Merino, almost chunky consistency and gives a perfect gague. http://www.purewool.co.za/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=77&category_id=14&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

It is for sale in my local online yarn shop. If you need anymore info, just let me know:)
    Warmly

8. Erin June 30, 2010 at 8:15 pm #

Such a beautiful black & white photo of Kye 🙂

9. Dawn June 30, 2010 at 8:43 pm #

Sweet picture! That cardigan is going to be gorgeous. I posted some black and white photos here…

10. Wabi-Sabi Wanderings July 1, 2010 at 2:19 am #

Such a sweet photo. And gorgeous knitting & yarn. Wow!

Here’s my contribution:

Happy Wednesday!

11. Shannon July 1, 2010 at 2:08 pm #

Love the colour Linda!
    I will hunt out a few of my old B&W favourites and aim to post next week.

12. K July 3, 2010 at 1:01 am #

Oh, phooey. Blogger just doesn’t like me. I LOVE the cardigan collar. It looks downright Egyptian. And I want to link to a black and white of my own, but I’m too whiny and bed-wanting to do the work. It won’t be too late in a few days, perhaps?

13. Linda July 3, 2010 at 6:58 pm #

Dear K
    Please do link to a black and white photo! I am so looking forward to seeing it:)
    Take Care

14. Rachel Rubow July 14, 2010 at 8:10 pm #

A pink lion…… ya never know I guess. If a lion were shaved he may be pink underneath. 😀

Your son is beautiful. I know, he’s a boy but he is beautiful.