In the Garden

Flowers1

Spiral

Love the spirals on this plant!

Flower2

Roses

We’ve been working in the garden this week, I know it’s still technically winter but I just can’t wait, I’m having so much fun! We cleared both beds down the driveway, there were old lavender bushes planted there and they were very woody and dead in the middle. We’ve replaced them with standard roses, Agapanthus at the back and lots of colourful seedlings. The Agapanthus grow like weeds all over our garden in huge clumps, we dug a few of them up, separated, trimmed and replanted them to form borders.

More pics to come soon!

Have a lovely Sunday:)

10 Responses to In the Garden

1. Denise July 19, 2015 at 12:31 pm #

Great to see your blog still going
    Lovely photos, begin to harvest here in the UK, just pulled up the garlic bed
    Happy days x

• Linda July 21, 2015 at 9:04 am #

Hi Denise! Thanks for visiting, I would love to grow garlic, when is the best time for planting?
      🙂

2. Evelyn July 19, 2015 at 5:23 pm #

Lovely flowers, I wish agapanthus grew as well in my garden! Mine just has leaves, no sign of a flower stem at all despite it being the middle of Summer 🙁

• Linda July 21, 2015 at 9:11 am #

Hi Evelyn,
      That’s so strange your Agapanthus aren’t flowering, they have the most wonderful blooms. I’m holding thumbs that they flower soon!
      Take care

3. Cath July 19, 2015 at 9:43 pm #

Gorgeous flowers–new to me. A treat to watch your Spring unfold.

• Linda July 21, 2015 at 9:12 am #

Thanks Cath! I can’t wait for the weather to warm up:)

4. Joanne Thomas July 19, 2015 at 10:41 pm #

Linda,
    Beautiful early spring garden. Your gardens are always so gorgeous in all the seasons. Thank you for sharing your pictures.
    My vegetable garden plot is doing nicely this year. We’ve planted more varieties than we usually do like Thai basil; gives a little punch to our stir fried veggies and to our pesto. Also adding nasturtiums and marigolds garlic and chives around and in the vegetables; we’ll see what happens there. I love gardening and have many memories of Demian and Adam gardening with me when they were young.
    Joanne

• Linda July 21, 2015 at 9:15 am #

Hi Joanne!
      Your vegetable garden sounds wonderful, I love Nasturtiums! Lovely memories are made working alongside our children in the garden, it’s so good for them.
      Take care

5. Ginny July 20, 2015 at 4:06 pm #

Beautiful light in your photos.