Knitting for Erin

IMG_0606

I’ve had a request from Erin to knit her a cat, a lovely plump kitty about a foot tall. She chose this Hartlam yarn called Pangea, the colour variances in it are just divine. He is going to be a sweet fella when he’s finished and his pattern will be available soon:) He’s going to be one of those cats that have to be carried around and will be the perfect size to hold under one’s arm.

Our little kitty Delilah, was spayed last week and we noticed a lump under her stitches this morning. I took her to the vet and she was taken into surgery straight away, her fat layer had pushed through and was making the large lump. We are all awaiting 3 pm when we can fetch our special girl…

Jen is away at a cooking practical for 3 days for her consumer studies for school, I can’t wait to see what she makes.

Joining with Ginny today

Have a wonderful day sweet friends.

16 Responses to Knitting for Erin

1. Elisabeth Andree July 10, 2013 at 3:37 pm #

Your sweet llittle Delilah, best wishes for her and you all!
    The knit cat for Erin will be gorgeous, looking forward to see him finished.

• Linda July 10, 2013 at 4:25 pm #

Thank you Elizabeth, I have Delilah here with me now, she is still so groggy and is sleeping on my lap.

2. Tracey July 10, 2013 at 4:03 pm #

I love that yarn Linda, it will make a great cat.

I do hope Delilah heals quickly, our pets really are part of the family aren’t they.

A cooking practical? Can you share more? My daughter is a Culinary Arts teacher from Johnson & Wales so she judges and teaches all things foodie.

• Janet R July 10, 2013 at 9:17 pm #

Oh, Tracey! Who is your daughter? My daughter Erica Bunker graduated from J&W in 2004 and we both LOVE to cook! We love kitties too, Linda; praying that Delilah gets well soon!

3. Linda July 10, 2013 at 4:33 pm #

Thanks Tracey:)
    One of Jenna’s grade 10 subjects is Consumer Studies, it involves, sewing, cooking, healthy eating, economics and marketing. This 3 day course is a cooking practical where they are learning various cooking techniques and how to prepare simple as well as ornate dishes and will do a practical exam tomorrow. I can’t wait to hear how her first day went, she is still travelling back from Pretoria which is over an hours drive one way. Our neighbour is also homeschooling and her daughter is also taking this subject. They very kindly offered to drive Jen because Richard is in France at the moment.
    xo

4. Sylvia July 10, 2013 at 5:25 pm #

Lovely yarn. I hope the Kitty is ok.

5. Elizabeth July 10, 2013 at 7:20 pm #

how fun, your new knitting project! Hope your beloved cat will be fine! blessed day to you!

6. sheila July 10, 2013 at 9:35 pm #

Can’t wait to see!

Best,
    Sheila

7. Kathleen July 10, 2013 at 9:56 pm #

Oh, can’t wait to see the pattern and glad your kitty is back home.

8. Jazz July 10, 2013 at 10:06 pm #

Can’t wait to see the new cat finished.

9. Barbara July 10, 2013 at 11:40 pm #

I was so concerned when I read the first part of the message about your kitty. I recently went into panic mode when our all-black cat Lopez came back from his regular check-up from his vet with a letter saying there seemed to be an abnormality with his heart beat and we were to take him to a cat cardiologist. Diagnosis was that there was an abnormality but not serious. However, he has to be rechecked in 6 months. As you can imagine Richard and I were relieved. By the way, cat cardiologists’ charges are similar to human cardiologists’ but size-adjusted.

I will love to see the blue and white kitty when it is done. The yarn is lovely.

10. karen July 11, 2013 at 12:08 am #

hope your cat is well and at home happy! lovely yarn that you chose for your knitted project!! I hope your tasty treat is calorie free 🙂

11. diane johnson July 11, 2013 at 3:00 am #

you brighten my day. I love the yarn and look forward to the kitty pattern. I hope to knit the kitty pattern that you share a few weeks back. I have a little 2 year old granddaughter and she is so in love with kitties. She carried two of mine home with her today (two toy kitties) I lost my cat of 17 years and it is so differant without him.
    I wish there was more time in the day to knit. I care for my granddaughter 3 days a week and right now where I live it is summer so I take advantage of being outdoors as much as I can. The garden needs attention and my g-daughter loves to go on long walks. What a blessing.
    I do hope you kitty heals well and quickly.

12. holmesnaja July 11, 2013 at 3:01 am #

Can’t wait to see the finished cat! My daughter’s beloved cat died last week, it’ll be perfect to make her one!

P.S. Did you ever find onegirlsrant on YouTube? She has several, “The Hazards of Backyard Hens” is the one I told you about. SO funny!

13. Megan July 11, 2013 at 2:10 pm #

What beautiful picture. The yarn color is fantastic. My sweet girl has been asking for a knitted animal of some sort for awhile now. i can’t wait to see the finished product!me

14. K July 12, 2013 at 7:42 am #

Ah – a groggy cat is such a fine thing – heavy and warm and pliable – totally at rest. I am never totally at rest. I’d love to be limp for a bit. Even if it meant a bit of discomfort first – a chance to be heavy as a safe cat. The yarn is lovely. And I would like a bite of what she cooks, please.