Knitting and more Knitting, I Love it So!

Just thought I would share a photo of the Recovery Blanket so far. It’s vibrant and very pretty, my mom,  my sister, my niece, my daughters and I  have mixed the heart pattern with the vintage diamond pattern. You can read more about the Recovery Blanket here. I love all the colours, we have started adding variegated pieces too. As soon as more pieces arrive from all over, we will add them in amongst the others.

It’s so exciting, the knitted pieces from overseas and SA have started to arrive! I need to go and fetch more from the post office. I am so grateful to everyone who sent and are still knitting and sending squares for this special blanket, thank you! There squares above are from Carle’, Sally, Emma, Melainey and Rene’, you are so wonderful and thank you for the extra little goodies you sent as well, I am truly blessed to know you all xo

My Color Affection Shawl is growing in size, I love the softness of this merino and alpaca hand-spun below mixed with the soft green of the brushed kid mohair, I can’t wait to wear it soon.

Some other exciting news is that my animal knitting patterns have been featured in the Ideas Magazine, it is available here locally in South Africa, overseas and digitally on i-Pad. I have found a lovely digitial news stand where I can download magazines to read on my i-Pad, it’s called Zinio. I’m so happy about this because now I can store them in my i-Pad library and not accumulate magazines all around our home.

Joining with Ginny today.

, ,

26 Responses to Knitting and more Knitting, I Love it So!

1. Rene' Sharp September 19, 2012 at 12:12 pm #

Wow, the blanket is looking amazing Linda, your Mom is going to love it!! Congrats again on the Ideas feature, such a lovely feather in your cap. I love Zinio and have subscribed to numerous mags through them. Enjoy!!

• Linda September 19, 2012 at 1:38 pm #

Thanks my friend xo

2. jo September 19, 2012 at 1:29 pm #

The blanket is looking beautiful, are you going to sew or crochet the squares together?

• Linda September 19, 2012 at 1:39 pm #

Thank you Jo, we are going to sew them together with little cross stitches.

3. Brigi September 19, 2012 at 1:39 pm #

seeing your blanket come together is such a blessing! I love the color combinations! Also, I am utterly speechless about your hand spun yarn, really nice!!! I love how the shawl blooms and opens to the possibilities of the colors.

• Linda September 19, 2012 at 1:41 pm #

Thank you for your kind words Brigi, I really enjoy knitting in a variegated, handspun yarn, the colour changes never get boring:)

4. Jen September 19, 2012 at 4:24 pm #

I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost my dad last December, so I know how you feel. You and your family will be in my prayers.

• Linda September 19, 2012 at 5:01 pm #

Thank you so much Jen, I am so sorry for your loss.

5. Tracey September 19, 2012 at 5:39 pm #

I am so glad Linda that knitting is helping you, I do understand how that goes.
    Congratulations on your magazine article, that is great news.
    Much love!

• Linda September 20, 2012 at 6:48 pm #

6. heathermama September 19, 2012 at 5:45 pm #

your blanket is lovely, such a wonderful gift it will be.
    and the shawl… stunning. i bet it will be a yummy thing to wrap up in when the weather is cold.

7. lori September 19, 2012 at 5:57 pm #

how beautiful the blanket is, what a wonderful project. and your shawl is so pretty the colors make it so unique, really one of a kind. and a huge congratulations on the magazine, your animals look adorable, i’m off to download it now.

8. Natalie September 19, 2012 at 6:33 pm #

Wow Linda,
    Your blanket is coming together wonderfully.
    Congrats on the page in the magazine!
    x

9. Heather September 19, 2012 at 7:41 pm #

Linda, I have been thinking so much about you, and praying for some peace inside of this loss. I have my blanket piece ready to ship out, and I am so glad that you kept this project going. Hope you know how much love is coming your way from all of those that you have touched.

• Linda September 20, 2012 at 8:01 pm #

Thank you so much dear Heather, you are wonderful xo

10. steph September 19, 2012 at 9:29 pm #

your blanket is an amazing show of love and support; and congrats on your animal publication!!!! (I love the elephant; mine doesn’t looks quite as wonderful as yours, but I love him just the same)

11. Jeanette September 19, 2012 at 10:39 pm #

Hi Linda, just to let you know I posted my package from down-under to you on Monday this week and the guy at the post office said it would take a week to ten days to arrive. The blanket looks great and it must be exciting putting it all together. I love the elephant – beautiful colour and well done for being featured in the magazine.

• Linda September 20, 2012 at 8:03 pm #

Thank you Jeanette, you are so kind to knit a square for our blanket 🙂

12. Mackenzie {WhiletheWaterBoils} September 20, 2012 at 1:10 am #

The blanket is such a wonderful idea! I can’t stop drooling over those shawl pictures, I think I can almost imagine how soft and fluffy it must be! This week I’m sharing a sneak peek of the Sunday Sweater I’m test knitting for Ginny. Stop by if you have a moment!

13. Barbara Szatkiewicz September 20, 2012 at 3:12 pm #

Beautiful blanket. Congratulations on having your patterns published. (Y)

14. Barbara Szatkiewicz September 20, 2012 at 3:13 pm #

Beautiful blanket. Congratulations on having your patterns published.

15. Tina September 20, 2012 at 3:15 pm #

Such beautiful projects ~ I love them all!

16. emma September 20, 2012 at 9:14 pm #

Your mum’s blanket is going to be so beautiful Linda! I love the handspun yarn you are using for your shawl. I made my first shawl this summer and it’s so practical, I wear it someway or other everyday.
    Congratulations for being in Ideas Magazine!

17. JenMun(a) September 22, 2012 at 11:07 am #

what a lovely project, the colors of the blanket remind me of the autumn colors here. the handspun merino is wonderful…I’m truly a bit jealous 🙂 love those colors! curious to see it finished! And congratulations for publishing your sweet animals in the magazine!;)
    sarah

18. Linda September 22, 2012 at 10:13 pm #

Congrats on the published article! I always knew you were a Star!! Linda in Dallas

19. K October 7, 2012 at 8:49 pm #

The blanket will be lovely! And I love seeing you in print!