WIP Wednesday and Yarn Along

I have cast on and being knitting my Tea Leaves Cardigan, such a lovely knit. I can’t wait to wear it. I am enjoying the colour, muted and pleasant with an Autumn feel. I used Vioset dye for the wool, combining a red brown and a few scatterings of grey. I hand painted the wool, which makes it easier to add more colour or less where you want.

Yesterday I finished my Rhino pattern, there is a giveaway for his pattern in the previous post.

Our mornings and evenings have become really cold, we lit our first fire today, but then as the sun rose, the day became glorious and warm.

Joining with Ginny’s Yarn Along today

36 Responses to WIP Wednesday and Yarn Along

1. Tracey April 11, 2012 at 12:08 pm #

Oh Linda, your Tea Leaves is so lovely. It must be so thrilling to knit something with yarn you have made yourself!

2. mamashara April 11, 2012 at 12:16 pm #

The wool colour is delightful…I can’t wait to see the Tea Leaves progress!

3. Gracey is not my name.... April 11, 2012 at 1:04 pm #

As you go into winter, we head into summer….your Tea Leaves is looking good….Love that you handpainted the yarn…

4. Rene Sharp April 11, 2012 at 1:15 pm #

I LOVE that colour, your cardi is going to be lovely!

5. purplepear April 11, 2012 at 1:17 pm #

The colour opf your yarn is gorgeous and I love the pattern of your cardi. It is getting quite cold here as well, but we’re yet to light the fire.

6. Jen April 11, 2012 at 1:26 pm #

Ohhhh the tea leaves is so pretty! What gorgeous yarn you made. I can’t wait to see as you progress through knitting it!

7. Heather April 11, 2012 at 1:29 pm #

That cardi is amazing! And the color is awesome as well. I hope to knit myself a sweater this year…we shall see!

8. Kim Corrigan-Oliver April 11, 2012 at 1:32 pm #

Oh my, the Tea Leaves cardi looks lovely, looking forward to seeing the progression.

Happy knitting!

9. Prettydreamer April 11, 2012 at 1:34 pm #

oh linda, what gorgeous patterns and color … it will be so beautiful!pamela

10. *kate April 11, 2012 at 1:50 pm #

Your rhino is fabulous! What an amazing little creation. And your Tea Leaves looks like it will be so comfy. Beautiful color.

11. Andee April 11, 2012 at 2:27 pm #

Your cardigan looks beautiful. I love the color.

12. Shearer's Girl April 11, 2012 at 2:31 pm #

The Tea Leaves Cardigan looks absolutely beautiful, the colour is lovely, it has a vintage feel.

13. Hege April 11, 2012 at 2:56 pm #

It’s going to be a very pretty Tea Leaves. Love the colour!

14. Ellen April 11, 2012 at 3:08 pm #

What gorgeous yarn for your tea leaves cardigan. It just whispers springtime… I used to dye in college and was always amazed at how much the color would change as it dried and what fabric/yarn I was using.

15. La Chili April 11, 2012 at 3:51 pm #

I have been wanting to knit Tea leaves for a while, yours look beautiful. Also love the Rino.

16. Heather aka Proud Mama April 11, 2012 at 4:03 pm #

The color really turned out well. I think you are going to love it.

17. Natalie April 11, 2012 at 4:05 pm #

Your sweater is looking fantastic! The yarn is beautiful too. I look forward to the updates.

18. Amy @ A Faithful Journey April 11, 2012 at 4:07 pm #

The yarn is gorgeous! That is going to be one beautiful cardigan!

19. pinkundine April 11, 2012 at 4:15 pm #

That tea leaves yarn is beautiful – it’s the colour of vintage tea parties, scones on the village green and silk handkerchiefs (does that make any sense at all?!)

• Linda April 11, 2012 at 5:34 pm #

Thank you so much:) (Yes, that makes complete sense to me)

20. Kathleen April 11, 2012 at 4:41 pm #

Oh wow, that rhino pattern is gorgeous, really simple and perfect and inspiring. And I love the sweater so far, that texture (and the lovely yarn) is just beautiful.

21. laminiatgirl April 11, 2012 at 5:14 pm #

What a great complement to your other animal patterns! Thanks for adding to your menagerie!

22. Natalie April 11, 2012 at 5:39 pm #

Hi Linda,

I am so loving your tea leaves cardigan, the wool turned out wonderfully, can’t wait to see it finished!

xoxo

23. Swanski April 11, 2012 at 6:08 pm #

sigh. I love your yarn. I love the tea leaves pattern. I bet you cannot wait to finish so you can wear it!!

24. hannahw April 11, 2012 at 7:43 pm #

The color for the cardigan is beautiful!!

My current project (more truthfully called my obsession lol) http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/04/how-to-tuesday-bunnys-birthday-dress.html

25. amanda {the habit of being} April 11, 2012 at 9:00 pm #

such a pretty color you’ve created for the tea leaves cardi!

26. Rachel April 11, 2012 at 9:06 pm #

Your cardigan looks so feminine and soft. I like the muted color. Can’t wait to see it done and on!

Your rhino is brilliant!!!

27. basicliving@backtobasicliving.com April 11, 2012 at 9:34 pm #

Ohhhhhh. That cardigan pattern looks just beautiful. And your yarn choice looks simply perfect. What a lovely cardigan you will have. I am just in awe.

28. karen April 12, 2012 at 3:27 am #

Your tea leaves is looking great so far! The colour is very different to what I was expecting from seing the wool full of dye but I love it. Im dying a cardigan I knitted the year before last, soon I can go rinse it, fingers crossed it turns out nicely.

29. Lori ann April 12, 2012 at 4:23 am #

that is really so lovely linda, such a pretty color.

30. K April 12, 2012 at 8:26 am #

Actually, our weather can be described in the same terms.

31. Mia Foley April 12, 2012 at 8:57 pm #

You’ll have to model this for us when its all done Linda! It’s coming along beautifully.
    And that rhino is just sooo rhino-like, as to be quite perfect : ) x

32. Sara April 12, 2012 at 9:29 pm #

What a pretty color!

33. Cybele April 13, 2012 at 2:56 am #

The Tea Leaves cardigan is in my favourites on Rav. I trying to pluck up the courage to try it. Can’t wait to see how yours turn out 🙂

34. Leslie April 13, 2012 at 11:33 pm #

Scrolling down through the comments, I can only say. everything I think about your project has been said.

35. Baa-Me Kniits April 14, 2012 at 3:31 pm #

We lit our first fire as well only I didn’t move some things off the top of the stove so I almost started a real fire in the house, boys were most amused! Can’t wait to see the tea leaves finished, I went thru the Ravelry photos and some were stunning, others were not. Same for the Tappan Zee…..might have something to do with body shape so I am reluctant to cast on either of these although I really love them :-/