WIP Wednesday and Yarn Along

This week has been a week for finishing projects.
I finally finished off my Shalom Cardigan!!! I am so thrilled with it, I made it slightly bigger than the pattern, I added an extra row on the yoke and then I thought it was going to be huge, so I left it sitting in a basket for months… finally I picked it up again, finished the sleeves and blocked it. When I tried it on, it had such a comfy fit and I am ecstatic about it!! Really!

I also finished Kye’s Boy Hat, I really love this quick and easy pattern and Kye is so excited about his mama knitted hat.

And you won’t believe it… but I finished The Harris Shrug, a lovely chevron pattern.

My two girls have been knitting scarves and hats over the past two weeks, oh my!
This neck warmer is so cute, Jen knitted it as a fun project, it’s called Incognito and has a moustache embroidered on to the knitting.

Have I told you how happy I am that they love to knit?
Yesterday, Erin, “Mom?”,
me, “Yes?”
Erin, “I love to knit mom!”
me, happy dance!!!

Erin and Jen both knitted this Capucine hat, I think I am going to knit myself one too!

Erin finished this Ear Flap Hat yesterday in chunky cotton and a thinner Merino double knitting.

I am about to dye wool for my Tea Leaves Cardigan, anyone fancy a Tea Leaves KAL? Let me know:)

I am still reading Farm Anatomy and enjoying it.

Joining in today with Ginny’s Yarn Along.

32 Responses to WIP Wednesday and Yarn Along

1. karen March 28, 2012 at 1:10 pm #

wow, so much knitting at your place! I love the shrug and your girls capucine hats. A shame I did tea leaves last year or I would have loved to join your KAL

2. ohangelina March 28, 2012 at 1:11 pm #

beautiful !

3. Andria March 28, 2012 at 1:46 pm #

This post is just a feast for the eyes, so many LOVELY knitting projects. It is so wonderful you can knit together as a family!

4. Kimmy March 28, 2012 at 1:51 pm #

WOOW that is one awesome cardigan!! and also the hats are lovely! I wish I could knit that good ๐Ÿ™‚

5. SewLindaAnn March 28, 2012 at 2:06 pm #

That is so wonderful! I’m a good crocheter and trying to get the hang of knitting. LOVE the cardigan and hats!

6. Tracey March 28, 2012 at 2:12 pm #

Linda, a stunning Shalom, finished cowls and hats and shrugs, girls that love knitting, you are have the best week!
    Have a lovely yarn along day!

7. eidolons March 28, 2012 at 3:15 pm #

So many beautiful things! Your cardigan looks stunning!

8. Natalie March 28, 2012 at 3:43 pm #

Oh wow Linda,

So glad to see the Shalom finished!! I remember us sitting together having tea and you telling me that it would probably be too big and you were thinking of pulling some out. And your girls, apparently just as talented as their mom, what beautiful projects they have made. Give them a hug from us all.

xoxox

9. Rene Sharp March 28, 2012 at 3:51 pm #

That is a LOT of knitting my friend, what gorgeous projects!!! I finished my Irish Coffee last week, if you check out my blog you can see a photo of it in my last PL post!! I actually pulled my wheel out and have been doing a bit of spinning today, I am enjoying it, it’s been a while!! I love the Tea Leaves Cardi, what yarn does it call for?

• Linda March 28, 2012 at 3:55 pm #

Thanks Rene! I am going to pop over to your blog now. I have also been thinking about spinning. The Tea Leaves calls for an aran weight.
      xo

10. Natalie March 28, 2012 at 3:58 pm #

I love the Capucine hat. I think I need one for myself…off to check the link. Thanks for sharing it.

11. Jody March 28, 2012 at 4:06 pm #

LOVE your Shalom in natural!!!!!!

12. pinkundine March 28, 2012 at 4:06 pm #

Wow, lots of finished objects ๐Ÿ™‚ I finished my Shalom a couple of weeks ago and I love it (I’m wearing it as I type in fact!)

13. patchouli moon studio March 28, 2012 at 4:27 pm #

Yours is so much better looking than the shorter sleeve version on Ravelry! Just beautiful.

14. no spring chicken March 28, 2012 at 4:28 pm #

Once again I stand in awe… You are a production team! It’s all just wonderful. I bipped back and forth between your blog and Ravelry favorite-ing all of the patterns!

Blessings, Debbie

15. DianaC March 28, 2012 at 4:35 pm #

Linda – I just love reading about your life, it brings me such joy. The cardigan is beautiful and I just love the hats. You inspire me!! Thank you for sharing you and your family with many!! Have a beautiful day…Diana

16. Mia Foley March 28, 2012 at 5:13 pm #

All really beautiful work Linda!I find it so inspiring how your girls love to knit, well done you’ve done something wonderful there. x M

17. basicliving@backtobasicliving.com March 28, 2012 at 5:15 pm #

How wonderful that your girls love to knit and they did such a great job on their projects! They are so lucky to have such a talented teacher to learn from. Your Shalom Cardigan is absolutely beautiful. I just love it.

18. Joy March 28, 2012 at 5:49 pm #

I love Erin’s earflap hat and Jenna’s Incognito. ๐Ÿ™‚ So cute, both of them! Your Shalom is lovely. It’s been on my list for a while.

19. Ellen March 28, 2012 at 5:52 pm #

Love all the projects! And yes, I would do a happy dance too if my children said that. My daughter likes to crochet and a little knitting, but hasn’t had a ton of time to do so. I don’t think she’s been bitten by the knitting bug quite yet. That’s okay.

20. Heather aka Proud Mama March 28, 2012 at 5:58 pm #

Your household has been busy. My Shalom cardi is along my favorites. I wear it all the time. I too get that swoon when my kiddos proclaim their love of knitting. Hmm…I just packed my yarn for my TL. Perhaps I should pull it out.

21. Amy @ A Faithful Journey March 28, 2012 at 6:18 pm #

I am loving all the knits mentioned in this post!! And how wonderful that your daughters enjoy knitting. I am hoping as my daughter gets older that she finds the knitting love as well! ๐Ÿ™‚

22. del March 28, 2012 at 6:33 pm #

I’ve loved every Shalom cardi I’ve seen; yours is fabulous! What a lot of knitting going on over there, wow. My two older kids (one girl, one boy) both know how to knit but they don’t, at least not now. I’m hoping one day they’ll pick it up again.

23. meghann March 28, 2012 at 6:57 pm #

What cute things your girls have knitted! Julia wants to learn to knit – but of course is too young still – and I hope she loves it as much when she is older…

Love your Shalom. Mine is in the bottom of a basket upstairs. I actually used some of the yarn I bought for it for something else, so I’ll probably pull it all out & start again when I find yarn I *really* love… xo

24. Andee March 28, 2012 at 7:42 pm #

All of your projects and your girls look fantastic!

25. K March 28, 2012 at 9:22 pm #

Hats, hats, hats – I love them all. And your cardie is gorgeous – but that’s an of course. Son handsome. Daughters lovely. Now I have to make a hat.

26. Kim Corrigan-Oliver March 28, 2012 at 9:38 pm #

Wow!!! Everything is so lovely. It is so great your daughter’s love to knit ๐Ÿ™‚

27. JenMun(a) March 28, 2012 at 9:44 pm #

Wonderful projects Linda!.. yours and your girlยดs! I love love your white Shalom Cardigan!!
    warmly
    JenMuna

28. Het Wolbeest March 29, 2012 at 8:40 am #

I hope my girls will love knitting as much as yours when they’re older! Best regards. Alexandra.

29. renee ~ heirloom seasons March 30, 2012 at 4:57 am #

Dear Linda, Your cardigan is so so beautiful! I love it, the light neutral color is so nice. And your daughters’ knitting is wonderful also! It makes me happy too that my girls love to knit, even if all they knit so far is little things… XO

30. WonderWhyGal March 30, 2012 at 1:09 pm #

I LOVE that your daughters knit. Sister Bear has tried to learn but doesn’t have the patience. I didn’t until I turned 35 so I will give her time. The Cardi is beautiful but the shrug may be my favorite of all these shared projects.

As always, I enjoy you sharing your life and love of fiber arts. Have a great weekend.

31. Lori ann April 1, 2012 at 12:55 am #

wow! my goodness gracious! your sweater is beautiful and your girls knitting! oh my, you must be bursting with pride! it’s all so lovely linda. happy weekend to you! lori xx