Creative Friday and a Long-crested Eagle

21 Responses to Creative Friday and a Long-crested Eagle

1. Natalie February 10, 2012 at 10:04 am #

Morning Linda,

Oh Goody, I am one of the first over here, I am never sure when it is a new blog day….

I love your photos, what an incredible bird! Did you find him on the pan?

Have a great weekend, and thanks for the opportunity.

xoxoxo

2. hopefuldays February 10, 2012 at 10:09 am #

Love your pictures – he total looks like an “Angry Bird”, thanks for sharing…

3. Stitched Together February 10, 2012 at 11:15 am #

How amazing. It’s so rare that you get these kind of opportunities to see something so beautiful.

4. Heather Woollove February 10, 2012 at 11:41 am #

I love the expression on his face and his spotted wings! It must be heaven living among such unique and beautiful wild creatures!!

5. Andria February 10, 2012 at 11:51 am #

What amazing pictures, that is great luck he was still there when you went back. I know what you mean about having the camera at all times!

6. elflyn February 10, 2012 at 2:11 pm #

Lovely pictures Linda!
    I have left a link for this week, looking forward to seeing what everyone has been up to.

7. Sarah February 10, 2012 at 4:15 pm #

We used to have a bald eagle’s nest near our home. I couldn’t not look at it every time I drove by to see if the eagles were home- it never lost it’s excitement! Lovely pictures!

8. no spring chicken February 10, 2012 at 5:35 pm #

Wow, WOW! He is gorgeous. Majestic. Completely foreign to me. Like Sarah, we occasionally spot a bald eagle out near the river and it’s breathtaking. Good for you, going home for you camera in the hopes of finding him still there!

Blessings, Debbie

9. suzanne February 10, 2012 at 8:09 pm #

Wow he is beautiful! Regal and proud..

Well done for spotting him. Will have to tell Aub and Thelly they will be excited.

Love
    Sue

10. nityakalyani February 10, 2012 at 8:23 pm #

Firstly I want to congratulate you on winning the Versatile Blogger Award . Hats off to all your efforts. You have been a motivator for so many,GOD bless you. I just love the sweet little bied. It must have taken a small rest while migrating. Have a great weekend

11. basicliving@backtobasicliving.com February 10, 2012 at 8:27 pm #

What a beautiful bird! And how wonderful that he stayed where he was until you could get back with your camera. Absolutely beautiful.

12. Mlissabeth February 10, 2012 at 9:30 pm #

That was amazing to see that bird. I have never seen one like it. I am always glad when I have my phone with me. It takes pretty decent shots.

13. Wendy February 10, 2012 at 9:34 pm #

Hi Linda, indulging my daughters and tagged you on my blog!

14. Nicole Spring (Frontier Dreams) February 10, 2012 at 9:39 pm #

He is beautiful! We love bird watching, too. XOXO

15. justjenn February 10, 2012 at 10:15 pm #

That is a FANTASTIC bird.

16. April's Homemaking February 11, 2012 at 6:01 am #

That bird is Amazing!! I too am very fond of bird watching, and am thrilled when I spot the rare ones. I once spent about an hour on the coast of Oregon watching a bald eagle fish and bring his catch to the beach, flying right over our heads, it was very wonderful. Your eagle is stunning, love the color! Thanks for hosting Creative Friday! đŸ™‚

17. ElisabethAndrée February 11, 2012 at 2:03 pm #

I am here for the first time on you blog. Thank you for hosting this party, I will put your button on my linky party page.
    I am impressed with your photos, that bird is quite wonderful. Lovely to see:)
    Thanks again!

18. satchitananda February 11, 2012 at 2:27 pm #

Hi Linda,

That bird is really fabulous. I have only recently discovered the joy of bird watching and have posted a few pictures in my blog. Would be delighted if you could visit my blog.

19. K February 12, 2012 at 3:41 am #

Both of my girls are bird watchers, and our neighbor two doors down is a long time bird follower. He spends hours out in the wilderness chasing down species and has a window in his big back family room that is almost as long as his yard, so that he can see them all back there quite easily. We have bald eagles this time of year – they nest down the way nearer the lake. There were eight of them last time we counted. What a mystery birds are. Sometimes I try to imagine living from their perspective: looking mostly down on the face of the earth, and using the air currents as their ground.

20. barb February 12, 2012 at 7:32 pm #

What a WONDERFUL sight. To stumble upon an eagle. I live in a city the is a suburb of Detroit, Michigan in the United States. My neighborhood was established in 1945, typical street with about 200 houses on it. Our backyards are deep and back up to the next street. We have lots of old and new trees, but our forests are long gone. We do have a woods close by, but decades ago it was thinned out to accommodate the neighborhood playground. Needless to say, we lost most of our large birds and bats. However, with all the destruction of trees, our birds are coming back. My city replaces trees as they die or are destroyed by weather. For the past 2 years the hawks have returned in large numbers. What a fantastic sight. We have also had sightings of some Bald Eagles. I think I will faint if I ever see one in the wild. Thank you for sharing your wonderful pictures of the Long-Crested Eagle.

21. Stacy February 13, 2012 at 5:17 am #

Love the photos of the eagle, Linda. Thank you for sharing. I have never heard of that particular bird. I am with you on love, love, loving birdwatching.