Spring Nature Table

Kye has been enjoying playing with his tree house table so I thought it would be a good time to set up our Spring nature table. I have moved it into our library, this is the busiest room in our home… Now we will be able to see this sweet little scene each day and if we go on nature walks we can add small treasures to it too:)

We made this tree house stand a few years ago with some pruned branches and thick ply wood, it really is easy to put together. Just cut three bases for your levels, the lowest being the biggest and make them smaller as you go up. Cut with a scroll saw or a jig saw, nail the little branches through the levels and that is that…

Wishing everyone a lovely week ahead…
xo

20 Responses to Spring Nature Table

1. Julie September 18, 2011 at 5:44 pm #

Oh, you make it sound so easy! 😉 You have such wonderful little treasures for your spring table. ♥

2. Meredith September 18, 2011 at 6:50 pm #

Oh, how I wish I had sweet little purple and white flowers in my life right now. The change of season is upon us here! What a great little tree house you have!

3. JenMun(a) September 18, 2011 at 7:17 pm #

What a lovely spring table! I think I need one for autumn right now;) the butterfly is beautiful!
    JenMuna

4. EMMA September 18, 2011 at 7:46 pm #

That’s beautiful! I wish I was ‘allowed’ to use the electric saw!!

5. dionne September 18, 2011 at 8:56 pm #

What a beautiful little home for those sweet elementals of Nature.

6. Evi September 18, 2011 at 11:45 pm #

Love your bright spring scene! And love your tree house too. My son built one similar for his sister but we hadn’t thought to make it with the biggest size at the base and the smallest on the top! It really looks like a tree that way!
    Thanks, and may you have an awesome week too!

7. Donna September 18, 2011 at 11:49 pm #

I love watching the opposite season’s from afar. We are having our first real fall weather here now…cool and crisp. Not that different from spring…different colors…at least for the beginnings of both seasons.

8. Shannon September 19, 2011 at 12:32 am #

Ah, and that sweet little daffodil is still in bloom 🙂

9. Jo @ Indigo Inspirations September 19, 2011 at 12:38 am #

that is really cool…every childs dream. I love all the creatures and furniture…Kye must really have fun with it.

10. Tania September 19, 2011 at 6:29 am #

I’m showing my Middle as soon as he’s home from school. He’s been bizzy collecting and wittling at branches – just the ticket!

11. Lori ann September 19, 2011 at 8:18 am #

i can see why your son would love playing with this tree house, it’s just beautiful. i want to try making one too, you do make it sound manageble. thank you for sharing!

happy week ahead 🙂

12. Hinterland Mama September 19, 2011 at 1:33 pm #

So much yummy stuff here. What a great idea, My boys would love a Seasonal Treehouse!
    LOVE those toodstools and the wooden owl.
    Happy Spring ღ

13. charlotte September 19, 2011 at 3:21 pm #

I am a tre fan of seasonal tables, we always have one on the go! Love that tree house too, so clever.

14. del September 19, 2011 at 3:29 pm #

That is awesome! It would bring a big smile on my face every time I passed by.

15. no spring chicken September 19, 2011 at 3:32 pm #

Things like this are so spendy in the catalogs! I love that you made your own!!

Blessings, Debbie

16. Sunshine Mama September 19, 2011 at 5:45 pm #

It’s beautiful! I’ve been wanting one of those since I saw them the first time. Love your wooden owl too!

17. Rachel September 19, 2011 at 8:06 pm #

Yesterday Henny Penny placed a handful of the cutest little acorns in my hand. An elderly friend had found them and brought them to church for her. I love spring and fall.

18. CrochetBlogger September 20, 2011 at 5:05 am #

How fun to find great little treasures to add to this lovely display!

19. Baa-Me Kniits September 20, 2011 at 6:16 am #

Your spring table looks lovely. All our Jacarandas are starting to bloom here which will leave a purple carpet everywhere in a few weeks, my favourite time of year. I’m still waiting for my guinea fowl to start laying this season? The chickens have been laying for weeks! 🙂

20. W-S Wanderings September 20, 2011 at 1:48 pm #

There you go, giving me ideas again (and again, and again). Hmmmmmm. Yup, I’m feeling fired up about this idea.

GORGEOUS spring table you have there, Linda. Our seasonal table was turned into a veggie processing table this summer, which I suppose means it was STILL a seasonal table.