Kye’s Milo Vest is Finished!

Today I finished Kye’s Milo vest! I love how it looks on him. I did make it a size larger than his age so that he could wear it for a couple of winters. He really enjoyed showing it off when he noticed I was taking photos:) I knitted it in a cotton DK from Colourspun it is such a wonderful and easy pattern.
Caiden, who was sitting nearby, noticed that Kye was wearing his new vest and asked me when I could knit him something:) He has asked me to knit him a jersey for winter so I had better start now. He has decided he would like a long sleeve sweater, mostly moss green with flecks of brown within the green…. Well, I will have to mix up some dye first and give this a try! How exciting! A knitting request! I can’t wait to start. I am really enjoying knitting these large projects, the only problem is that once I pick up my knitting, I can’t seem to put it down… and there are so many other things that need doing, like cooking, cleaning etc…  Does anyone else suffer from the same predicament? Off to look for a sweater pettern… any ideas?

I hope you are all having a peaceful weekend:) xo

14 Responses to Kye’s Milo Vest is Finished!

1. Rene' Sharp February 12, 2011 at 3:53 pm #

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this Linda. It turned out so well!! Yes I do have the same problem. I have tried to limit myself to knitting at night so I can get to all my other chores and hobbies done. Only problem is it will now take me a year to knit my Thermal sweater!!

2. Nadja February 12, 2011 at 6:55 pm #

The vest is wonderful, and I have been looking forward to knitting a Milo myself (I will order yarn today!) Your model is an absolute doll…

I knit in the evenings and early Saturday mornings, and when we are driving to and from places. Since we are rurally located, I get a good bit of time in while travelling. but all throughout the day, as I go about my work, I glance longingly at my knitting!

3. Joy February 12, 2011 at 7:49 pm #

Love that vest! I might have to try one for Finn. Sweet colors too. 🙂

4. Rachel February 12, 2011 at 9:45 pm #

😀 The vest is cute. The little model is adorable! Cute little sweet smile.

5. K February 13, 2011 at 12:28 am #

The vest has such lovely lines. And the boy in it does too. What impressed me was that Caiden was able to be so specific as to his color and texture requests. If the clients in our studio were half so able to express their vision, work would be so much more fun.

6. Stephanie K. February 13, 2011 at 2:05 am #

Hello, Linda…thank you for the kind birthday wishes! I use knitting as a reward. Clean up the breakfast dishes: knit a row. Do a load of laundry: knit a row! Ha…good to have incentive to do those less-than-desirable jobs!
    Starting a “Pebble” tonight for a baby shower next weekend…love love love knitting.

7. bridget February 13, 2011 at 3:11 am #

hi,
    Wow! Beautiful!!
    I am wondering if you have this pattern in a bigger size. I would love to make this for my 8yr old daughter but can only find it up to 6 yrs old. Thanks!

8. goldenbird February 13, 2011 at 5:32 am #

Oh my goodness, that vest is very, very cute. I have the same problem about not being able to put my knitting down. I’ve been working on a dish cloth all afternoon and my wrist is killing me but I just can’t stop.

I received the yarn you sent me in the mail today. Thank you so much!

9. Bec February 13, 2011 at 10:32 am #

It really does look lovely on him Linda! The colours are beautiful and suit his complexion so nicely. I know what you mean about not being able to put down a project. Most of my projects are so small and I think its why knitting has never taken to me, I just need to finish ASAP, which usually means chaos around me LOL

10. Loraine February 13, 2011 at 4:28 pm #

Love, Love, Love!!!!!!!!!!

11. Dmarie February 13, 2011 at 11:53 pm #

your little model is too cute and her new vest looks great on her!

12. regina February 14, 2011 at 4:03 pm #

Lovely! i have to only knit at night- i tried knitting during naptime, but that left the house a mess and dinner uncooked….the vest is beautiful i’m going to have to add it to my neverending list of things to knit!

13. Redbeet Mama February 14, 2011 at 9:15 pm #

That is a rockin guitar! Did you make it? I love it.

Nicole