Black and White Wednesday Photo Challenge

Winter…
This photo really does sum up the weather we are having here in South Africa at the moment. It is really cold and bleak. Our homes really aren’t geared for this colder than usual weather so our fires are burning in the fireplaces. It hasn’t been this cold for the last 15 years, roll on Spring…
Today was also our knitting group morning. We haven’t all met up for quite a few weeks so it was wonderful to see everyone. We all chatted together, laughed, we were noisy and loud and of course we KNITTED! I really feel very blessed to know this amazing group of women. We share our stories, knitting techniques and our friendship…
Take care

19 Responses to Black and White Wednesday Photo Challenge

1. momma rae July 14, 2010 at 5:42 pm #

here’s hoping you stay toasty warm through this cold spell and that the sun is warming you through sooner than you know. 🙂

2. Hallie July 14, 2010 at 6:14 pm #

I am so enjoying your black and white photos that I thought I would post some too…

3. Becky@whatslifewithoutwhimsy July 14, 2010 at 6:25 pm #

I found you VIA ourbrokenroad and I thought i would join in too!

4. Heidi July 14, 2010 at 6:45 pm #

Hi my friend….yes, knitting group was certainly memorable today…I can’t remember discussing such a vast array of topics , for a verrrry long time…thank goodness there were no flies on the walls!
    I hope that they’ll invite us back next week 😉

5. Linda July 14, 2010 at 7:16 pm #

Dear Hallie and Becky
    Thank you both so much for joining Black and White Wednesday! I am off to see your photos now:)

6. Linda July 14, 2010 at 7:16 pm #

Dear Hallie and Becky

7. Linda July 14, 2010 at 7:17 pm #

Dear Heidi,
    It was lovely to see all of you today:)
    Love

8. Linda July 14, 2010 at 7:17 pm #

Dear Heidi,
    It was lovely to see all of you today:)
    Love

9. goldenbird July 14, 2010 at 7:26 pm #

Gorgeous photo, Linda. It really does say “winter”. I tried to join your b&w challenge today but couldn’t quite work the settings on my camera to get a black and white shot, but did post my attempt at it.

10. Rachel Rubow July 14, 2010 at 7:48 pm #

You know. It is so funny to see your header (which is beautiful by the way) and your photos of winter….. as we are in the dead heat of summer here!

As it is starting to heat up here I think sitting by your fire sounds lovely!

11. momma rae July 14, 2010 at 8:10 pm #

linda,

i did play along! a little different today, but fun. 😉

12. Plain and Joyful Living July 14, 2010 at 8:43 pm #

Hi Linda,
    I just love black and white photography what a beautiful photo..
    I also go to a knitting group, just a mile down our gravel road to my homesteading friend’s little off grid home – such a peaceful, fun time.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Warm wishes, Tonya

13. CHILDHOOD MAGIC July 14, 2010 at 11:05 pm #

what a mighty and beautiful tree. love it, the black and white makes it so special!

14. Shannon July 14, 2010 at 11:13 pm #

Oh! now that has just reminded me to go looking for some black and whites like said i would last week! I’ll do it right now. How is the glorious smell of orange oil in your fireplace? x

15. Wabi-Sabi Wanderings July 15, 2010 at 1:11 am #

I think that your B&W photo captures the starkness of winter beautifully. And, thanks to your inspiration, here’s mine…

Blessings,

WSW

16. Homesteadgirl July 15, 2010 at 2:52 am #

We always think of Africa as being HOT but I realise you’re pretty far from the equator in SA…funny to imagine you cozying up to your woodstove when we pray for a break from the swelter! But, in all seasons, we are together in mothering, community, and of course, knitting!

17. Earth Mama July 15, 2010 at 4:43 am #

How lovely to have a nearby knitting circle. I wish I had something like that to keep company in the cold winter months especially. Is it technically spring in South Africa now? It’s really interesting to get glimpses of what the weather is elsewhere in the world.

:)Lisa

18. Linda July 15, 2010 at 8:22 am #

Dear Shannon,
    The citrus fragrance is wonderful! Thanks so much for joining B & W Wednesday:)

Dear Wabi-Sabi Wonderings,
    Your B & W photos are amazing! Thanks for taking part:)

Dear Earth Mama,
    Our knitting circle is wonderful:) We learn so much from one another:) We are still in the thick of winter here at the moment, I can’t wait for Spring in September at least it will be warming up. Your seed swapping sounds amazing, I wish I lived closer to take part:)
    Take care

19. K July 18, 2010 at 9:08 am #

I’m going to get a black and white up here soon. I promise.