World Cup

The World Cup is well underway here in South Africa and last week Richard took three of our little ones to watch Argentina play South Korea. They set off for Soccer City on Thursday morning, Erin had her crutches in tow too. They sat right behind the goals and saw Argentina score 4 times! They loved it and I am sure will remember this day for a VERY long time! They were supporting Argentina as you can see from the blue hats and Caiden’s Voovoozela.
The stadium before kick-off.
South Korea had these huge flags that they pulled out over the crowd while their national anthem was being sung and then as fast as they appeared, they dissappeared once again…
Erie fairy with her crutches…

Our Jen.
What an amazing time they had…
It is really freezing here at the moment, I am off to sit by the fire:)
Have a great weekend.

20 Responses to World Cup

1. SewnNatural June 19, 2010 at 7:31 pm #

WOW! These are great photos. My partner’s parents spent most of their lives in Argentina, so these photos are extra special for us!

Looks like it it’s pretty chilly – those hats are so sweet!

2. Gremlina June 19, 2010 at 7:38 pm #

what an amazing experience! unimaginable!!

3. CHILDHOOD MAGIC June 19, 2010 at 8:01 pm #

what a thrill!

4. momma rae June 19, 2010 at 8:07 pm #

how fun that they got to go!!! my hubby will be jealous. 😉

5. Polar Bear Creations June 19, 2010 at 8:32 pm #

Nothing beats seeing a game live, and especially a big game like a World Cup game in a huge stadium like that! WOW! :0)
    What an amazing experience for your family!
    Wish I could go too. :0)
    I got up at 6:00 am to see Germany play and today Holland. Watching a lot of soccer right now….and will keep watching…
    Love it!
    Enjoy the WC! :0)
    Hugs
    Sue

6. Ann June 19, 2010 at 9:00 pm #

Hi, not really into football, but the amazing experience and atmosphere for the family is just amazing and they will treasure the memories forever. thanks for sharing these wonderful photographs.

7. Tammy June 19, 2010 at 9:27 pm #

Holy moly…that’s a huge stadium! I was taken aback to see the photo with so many people! What fun it must have been!!

8. K June 19, 2010 at 9:34 pm #

Looks like great fun. My son comes home from Argentina on Tuesday. I’m betting it was exciting down where he is through that game. Lots of griping in the US about our game. But I missed it, so I’m not griping –

I loved the times when we went big places with my parents. Like the real circus. Or to the Broadway, NY theater. You’re right. They’ll never forget.

9. Heather June 19, 2010 at 11:35 pm #

Such wonderful photos Linda. My kids have been watching the matches with their dad (he hasn’t missed one yet), and loving every minute of it. How wonderful to be able to be a part of this through the host country. So glad they had fun!

10. Joy June 20, 2010 at 3:09 am #

What an exciting day! I’ll bet they are still over the moon. Thanks for sharing their wonderful time with us. 🙂

11. Redbeet Mama June 20, 2010 at 4:21 am #

Linda – how exciting! Woo-hoo!

Thank you for you kind words.

Much love, Nicole

12. Nicole Spring (Frontier Dreams) June 20, 2010 at 4:33 am #

My husband is super jealous. That would be his dream!!!!

Thank you for your kind words on my blog, today. They meant to much! You are such an amazing soul!!
    XO

13. Jorgelina June 20, 2010 at 8:04 pm #

Pretty photos.
    Great party of soccer,Argentina-Corea.
    I gain my country, I am happy !!!
    Hugs

14. Jorgelina June 20, 2010 at 8:16 pm #

Beautiful photos!
    Great game of soccer.
    I gain my Argentina country.
    Greetings from Argentina

15. Shannon June 21, 2010 at 8:08 am #

Wow! what a huge crowd..well what did i expect? i think it is on quite late at night here and from what i hear Australia is doing terribly so I haven’t really been paying attention..but i would if i lived in South Africa – they look like they are having a wonderful time.

16. Valarie June 21, 2010 at 3:51 pm #

I’m so glad everybody got to go and be part of the festivities. I see you even have one of those “controversial” horns. 😉 I would too….for sure. I just can’t get it in my head that it gets cold in South Africa. I think Africa/hot. It’s been really odd to see everyone bundled up. Stay warm and happy world cup. Who are you cheering for?

17. Linda June 21, 2010 at 4:48 pm #

Hi Valarie!
    It really is cold here at the moment… We are supporting all the African countries and especially Argentina… We are really enjoying the world cup! Thanks so much for stopping by:)
    Warmly

18. goldenbird June 22, 2010 at 8:13 am #

How exciting for your family! Everyone looks so happy to be there. That stadium is impressive.

Hope you are warm and cozy by the fire. Have a great week, Linda.

19. Kelly June 22, 2010 at 11:08 am #

We are gripped by world cup fever here too, Linda! What an experience that you all went to a live match. Mark would so, so love that. He loves football especially the African teams and Italy!! Go bora!

20. Rachel Rubow July 14, 2010 at 8:16 pm #

Seeing that stadium so full. So many people. What an event!!

We followed via the television. I can’t imagine actually being able to go and see in person!