Today is a New Day

Thank you so much to everyone who commented yesterday and sent their love and support and well wishes, we really appreciate your kindness…
We were all awake early this morning and went straight into the garden, the dew was fresh on the grass, lovely and cool and moist underfoot…
Richard is looking much better today, he has been resting and still has a very sore neck, he doesn’t ever complain, but I know he is uncomfortable, my poor love… He still has to wear his neck brace for a week and then all should be well.
Today is so much better than yesterday, we all had such a shock, today I feel quite tired but very happy and grateful for this wonderful husband and father…

Schooling was very relaxed today, Jenna has just started her Perspective Drawing Grade 7 block, Live Education here in the drawing above, she is experimenting with depth perception. Erin has sunstroke from a double baseball match  in the hot sun yesterday, so she rested today and Caiden has started his Saints block Christopherus. I have started reading The Sign of the Beaver to Erin and she is enjoying it.

Hugs to all…

16 Responses to Today is a New Day

1. K February 1, 2010 at 9:14 pm #

Please tell your Richard to take up a new hobby. Something creative and stodgy. Like tying flies. I do realize that there is some danger in doing this; I have witnessed people with flies actually stuck into their thumbs. But you don’t have to wear a brace for that.

2. Erin February 1, 2010 at 9:39 pm #

So glad your hubby is o.k. Hope he heals quickly 🙂
    This boat & sea drawing is beautiful It relaxes me just to look at it. That’s some talent!

3. Tammy February 1, 2010 at 10:27 pm #

So glad he is able to recover with only a neck brace…it could have been so much worse. You’ve definitely experienced a miracle. Hugs and warm thoughts…

4. Dawn February 1, 2010 at 10:55 pm #

I just read yesterdays post. Oh my, that must have been scary! I pray for a quick recovery for your husband. Jenna’s drawing is so pretty.

5. Jen February 1, 2010 at 11:22 pm #

Linda – I am so relieved to hear your DH is going to be OK. I missed the post on Sunday – you must have been terrified. Extra hugs and blessings to you and your own…hugs, Jen

6. Kelly February 2, 2010 at 2:21 am #

Oh dear Linda
    So sorry to read about Richard’s accident on his cycle yesterday. What a terribly big shock for him and for all of you. Wishing him a speedy recovery. He must be feeling uncomfortable and in pain. My heartfelt best wishes to you all.
    Love Kelly

7. Redbeet Mama February 2, 2010 at 2:32 am #

I just had another cup of sunshine from your beautiful blog.

Nicole

8. Beth February 2, 2010 at 2:59 am #

Linda, I am so glad that he is doing better! Your garden looks like a particular healing place – so lovely that all your family can gather there and enjoy it together. Jenna is very talented! the drawing is beautiful!
    xoxo
    Beth

9. The Magic Onions February 2, 2010 at 4:20 am #

What a beautiful home you guys have. I’m glad your man is feeling a little better.
    Thanks so much for sharing on Friday’s Nature Table.
    Blessings and magic.

10. Beth February 2, 2010 at 4:44 am #

Whew…that was a close call. I hope he heals well and that you can all rest in the beautiful sunshine of your garden. love, Beth

11. Jill February 2, 2010 at 5:14 am #

Oh! Such a relief. How wonderful that things are getting back to a good balance. I wanted to let you know that I tagged you on my blog today – but only carry through if you are up to it! You are not obligated to do anything! You have your hands full these days-
    Wishing you all well-

Jill

12. goldenbird February 2, 2010 at 6:52 am #

Oh my goodness, I’m so sorry about Richard’s accident. It must have been so frightening to receive that call. I’m glad to hear it wasn’t more serious and send lots of get well wishes.

13. onegoldensun February 2, 2010 at 7:00 am #

I am so glad to hear that your husband is doing okay. Mine also mountain bikes, and has taken some falls as well. I agree with your sentiment that these moments make loved ones all the more precious, and appreciated. Blessing to you and your dear family!

14. sarah in the woods February 2, 2010 at 2:06 pm #

Oh dear! I hadn’t read yesterday’s post yet. I’m so glad your husband is OK. Your daughter’s drawing is beautiful.

15. Stefanie February 2, 2010 at 11:32 pm #

Hi Linda, Your blog is so great I love all the nature photos you post. I have my own etsy shop now!! it is under the username cornmaiden. It needs alot of work though.

Stefanie

16. suzanne February 3, 2010 at 9:32 am #

Sorry to hear about Richard Linda.
    I know how much he loves his cycling. He is special and a wonderful Dad.
    Sending healing wishes.