Marin the Spring Horse Pattern is Finished

Marin and Kye

Marin1

Marin4

I finished Marin the Spring Horse today. She’s a whole 16 inches tall and wonderful to hug and carry around. Kye loves her! I will have her pattern in my shop soon after the test knit.

Some more information about her, I’ve knitted her in worsted yarn on size 3.5mm needles, the mane and tail have been made with handspun Merino yarn and the body of the pattern including the ears takes approx 170 grams of yarn. This pattern is knitted flat, all in one piece on two needles. The ears are sewn on separately.

Chat soon ♥

7 Responses to Marin the Spring Horse Pattern is Finished

1. Tracey April 2, 2014 at 10:41 pm #

I am so excited to see this Linda. My little horse lover is going to be so excited.

2. lori April 3, 2014 at 5:01 am #

aw! that’s wonderful, kye looks so happy, and the horse is darling! i keep forgetting, i need to knit up one of your rhinos linda, there is a travel agency in your part of the world that has hinted they would love one (we’ve used their expertise several times). when they asked if i could make one, i thought of you!

3. nicole spring April 3, 2014 at 5:13 am #

oh my goodness LOVE!!!! If you need a test knitter I know of someone…ahem. ;)

4. Deena April 3, 2014 at 11:35 am #

Beautiful! Can’t wait to see Marin in your store. Wondering if this would be a good project for a newish knitter? I’m teaching my youngest to knit.

• Linda April 3, 2014 at 4:27 pm #

Hi Deena,
      Thank you, yes, I think this will be an easy enough project, you may have to help with the sewing up and finishing off but I do include a full tutorial about how to finish off four legged knitted toy animals:)

5. Diana April 3, 2014 at 10:08 pm #

Wow, he is gorgeous. What a wonderful design!

6. Joanne April 4, 2014 at 7:59 pm #

Marin the horse is delightful. So large and so beautiful! Great job of designing. xx