Happy New Year!

Buddleia Flowers

Buddleia Flowers in our Herb Garden

I would love to wish you a wonderful year, where all your hopes and dreams will be realised and any obstacles that may appear along your path be small and manageable and ultimately strengthen your spirit. Can you believe it’s 2013 already, January, it was only just December?? I am so looking forward to this new year, it feels like it has promise and wild expectation. For me it’s a year for new projects and learning new knitting techniques, yes, knitting is a kind of obsession of mine, but I’m sure you knew that long before today. This year is going to be a year of encountering the unknown, knitting socks two at a time on circular needles, entrelac, Fairisle, oh my goodness, the possibilities are endless, the excitement!!(ahem)

We saw the new year in last night, I stayed up way past my bed time (but it was so worth it!). We watched the British Royal Variety Show, counted down to midnight with our whole family and celebrated, this was followed by the kids going for a midnight swim. This morning we slept late, went for a run, then a swim and we are going to have a braai (barbecue) to celebrate New Years Day.

It has always been such a pleasure to write this blog, sharing little moments of our days with you. I have been writing since 2008 and the time seems so short but when I look back on the posts our children appear so young compared to how they look now.  These years have been happy years of growing, crafting, knitting, learning and enjoying our life together as a family. Thank you for visiting our home here and leaving your thoughts, it’s so lovely to know you.

I wish you a year of hope, love, joy and peace.

10 Responses to Happy New Year!

1. Lisa L January 1, 2013 at 9:45 pm #

Happy New Year to you and yours! Thanks for all you do.

2. laminitagirl January 1, 2013 at 9:47 pm #

Hope, love joy and peace to you and your family, too.

3. Barbara January 1, 2013 at 9:58 pm #

The following quote appeared on my calendar for Dec. 31. I think it is very appropriate for the beginning of a new year with all it’s unknowns and challenges.

Life is an adventure, dare it.
    —Mother Teresa

4. Lynda M O January 1, 2013 at 10:37 pm #

Thank you for your wonderful blog that has taught me so much. Happy 2013; may each step we take lead the way to Peace.

5. Lori Ann January 2, 2013 at 2:17 am #

Wishing your family a happy and healthy 2013 too! Thank you for sharing your inspiration in this blog! I knit a couple of your cowls for Christmas gifts and they were well received! So beautifully written and beautiful in design as well! Happy happy1

6. Nancy Hoxworth January 2, 2013 at 3:05 am #

Your beautiful spirit and family have graced my computer in 2012. I pray for you all to be strengthened in the gifts God has given you in 2013 and filled with even more joy as you share with others around the world!

Hugs from a Texas great-grandmother,
    Nancy

7. Pam Tocornal January 2, 2013 at 4:46 am #

Thank you Linda. The same wishes for you and your wonderful family. We all look forward to sharing another year of adventures with you…..

8. lori January 2, 2013 at 7:18 am #

you are an inspiration to me dear linda. wishing you and your beautiful family the happiest of new years,
    love, lori

9. Brenda January 2, 2013 at 7:28 am #

hi Linda, Thank you for your good wishes for 2013, I hope your year is one that is full and enjoyable, I look forward to reading about it as the year progresses xxBrenda

10. Janet R January 2, 2013 at 2:39 pm #

Wishing the same for you!
    I thoroughly enjoy reading about your family and your reading and gardening and, especially, knitting!
    Blessings and greetings from (Illinois, USA, but currently in) Argentina!