Yarn Along

I have had plenty of time to knit on my Multnomah shawl this week and I am so pleased with it, I am  ready to start the feather and fan border today and I can’t wait. Just a few errands to run this morning and then I will start! I decided to make this shawl in the large size which will take my stitches up to 265 before I begin the border. I love that there are pattern notes for increased sizing and a Multnomah group has been started on Ravelry.

I bought this little project bag a while ago from Henri Kuikens, a local South African Etsy shop and I must say, whenever I see this bag it makes me smile… I just grab it and take it with me wherever I go.

I’ve been knitting lions and hedgehogs for Christmas…

Recently, I started teaching myself how to Crochenit, it is amazing!! This is my practice crochenitting above. You use a double hooked needle and two yarns at the same time, one on each end. There is an excellent video here. I am going to start my first project, a lovely bath mat crochenitted in chunky and aran cotton.

Aran and chunky cotton for my crochenit bath mat project.

Jen has asked me to knit her this Harris shrug for Christmas I am using this Colourspun Aran Merino wool above. I have quite a lot to do over the next few weeks and love that I am busy. I really enjoy knitting gifts and can’t wait to dive in!

Really enjoying this beautiful read by Elizabeth Zimmermann.

Joining in with Ginny today for the Yarn Along.

33 Responses to Yarn Along

1. Rene' Sharp November 16, 2011 at 9:34 am #

Your Multnomah is knitting up beautifully in that yarn!! I missed that club 🙁 Speak soon x

2. charlotte November 16, 2011 at 10:59 am #

Your so inspiring! What an amazing shawl, I would love to be able to make one!!
    PS I have lost the address of my swap partner Suzane, could you please mail it to me again, sorry.

3. Flowermouse Design November 16, 2011 at 11:06 am #

Thank you for a lovely post – I almost felt like beeing on a knitting café!!! I love your shawl, and the yarn is gorgeous. And I´m excited to know about crochenitting. Your small animals are adorable!!

4. Crochet with Raymond November 16, 2011 at 11:31 am #

your shawl is looking beautiful! I saw that yarn at my LYS but it sold so fast I didn’t get a skein, I had wondered how it would look knitted up and it is lovely! Like a galaxy of beautiful stars!

5. pinkundine November 16, 2011 at 12:15 pm #

I’m still loving your yarn for your Multnomah, so gorgeous and it looks like you’ve been making lots of progress. Love the project bag too, so cute 🙂

6. Greer November 16, 2011 at 12:45 pm #

I love your shawl. Beautiful!

7. Joy November 16, 2011 at 3:24 pm #

That shawl is really lovely! Great colors! I love the lions and hedgie. So cute!

8. Ellen November 16, 2011 at 3:45 pm #

The shawl is beautiful. It reminds me though of bat wings. I have to say that I love those lions! Did you make up the pattern?

9. Kathryn Ray November 16, 2011 at 3:56 pm #

I haven’t heard of crochetnit before… very interesting. Thanks.

10. Marfa November 16, 2011 at 3:56 pm #

Why lions and hedgehogs? I’m watching the video of crochenit…I love to crochet and knit a little, so sounds like the perfect thing for me.

11. Sarah November 16, 2011 at 4:57 pm #

Love the hedgehog!!! And, that shawl is also lovely. I just requested the knitter’s almanac by Elizabeth Zimmermann from the library, I can’t wait to look it over.

12. Tracey November 16, 2011 at 7:18 pm #

your shawl is lovely and the yarn you are using is just amazing. it reminds me of a summer night sky!
    xx

13. Lori ann November 16, 2011 at 7:18 pm #

oh it’s so beautiful linda! it’s looking so lovely in that yarn, makes me want one too. i’m excited for the feather and fan part, so SO pretty.
    love your animals! and i love e.z.

14. Amy November 16, 2011 at 7:29 pm #

Your shawl is knitting up very nicely. You have a lot of projects going. I can’t wait to see the bath mat!

15. Lídia November 16, 2011 at 7:30 pm #

Que bonito todo!!!! y que natural!!! Me encanta!!!!!
    Un saludo.

16. Linda November 16, 2011 at 8:46 pm #

Charlotte,
    Thanks so much, I have sent Sue’s address off to you again:)

17. dawn November 16, 2011 at 8:53 pm #

Oh, wow…that shawl is beautiful! Have a wonderful day Linda. : )

18. Linda November 16, 2011 at 8:57 pm #

Ellen,

Yes, I did design the lion pattern, I sell it on my Etsy shop called Mamma4earth.
    Take care

19. Becks November 16, 2011 at 10:06 pm #

Love your Multnomah. I am resisting mine until I have a few more gift knits stashed away. The lions are wonderful, how talented are you!
    xx

20. (lia) November 16, 2011 at 10:28 pm #

I love those lions! So cute.

21. Lovely Light November 16, 2011 at 10:30 pm #

I’ve never heard of crochetknit! How interesting. Great progress on your shawl! I’m having a giveaway on my blog of a beaded ring- you should sign up!

22. Tirza November 16, 2011 at 11:27 pm #

Oh beautiful shawl and I espeically love the little lions. I also have plans to knit little hedgehogs and other critters for my children for Christmas. Thanks for visiting my blog. I’ve been loving yours for a while now!

23. nunu November 17, 2011 at 2:19 am #

crochenit? now that’s something new to me. can’t wait to see your finished product!

24. barb November 17, 2011 at 4:13 am #

I am so glad you are feeling better. The shawl, lions, and THAT HEDGEHOG, love it all. I can’t wait to check out the book. I better not watch the Crochenit video. I have too much to knit and crochet. I don’t need to become addicted to something else right now. Again, so glad you are feeling better.

25. Linda November 17, 2011 at 8:11 am #

Love

26. EMMA November 17, 2011 at 10:16 am #

Your shawl yarn is beautful!
    Can’t wait to see a finished project in Crochenit.

27. Samantha for Woodland Woolens November 17, 2011 at 3:17 pm #

Your soooo talented! I must ask where you find the time to knit, sew, spin and be a wonderful awesome mom??!!! As always I lovelovelove your sweet blog! I’ve been MIA for a while but I’m back blogging and reading!!! I am looking forward to connecting to this wonderful community again 😉

~Samantha (formally Our Waldorf Home, now Woodland Woolens)

28. Rachel November 17, 2011 at 5:02 pm #

I love your shawl in the first photos! I just may have to try and make one myself.

Fun projects you have going! I love this time of year….

29. K November 17, 2011 at 9:13 pm #

See? I KNEW you were doing lions! And the shawl – it looked like a magnificent necklace in the first shot. And the hedgehog. Please, mom – may I have that for Christmas?

30. Melissa Plank November 19, 2011 at 4:38 am #

Cool yarn you’re using on your Multnoma, and thelions are darling! Lots of great projects!

31. vidhya November 21, 2011 at 1:48 pm #

Awesome, amazing, innovative blog you have linda… Very inspiring one!

32. Marilyn Kruse September 5, 2012 at 1:31 am #

What yarn did you use for your shawl? Thanks!