Images Around Our Home and Garden

Today has been a wonderful sunny and warm day, after the week of freezing and rainy weather we have experienced, the sun has been most welcome! I wandered around the garden and inside our home with my camera and have taken some photos to share here… I am enjoying visiting the links on Creative Friday, you are all so wonderful and thank you for the lovely birthday wishes for Jen’s 14th birthday on Thursday. Today her little bird flew away out of his cage, she has hand-reared him since he was a tiny little hatchling. It was a most traumatic time, but then she went outside and called to him, she had a bowl of his favourite food (bird nutritional cereal) in her hands and he flew down to her from the oak tree and sat on the bowl! His name is Doug, he has never known life out in the ‘wild’ and doesn’t know how to fend for himself, it is also freezing here at night, so we were all terribly concerned for this sweet little creature. We are so relieved he is back here, safe with us… Erin is down and out with flu at the moment, she has been drinking honey, lemon and ginger tea and taking her homoeopathic remedies, but I can see she feels flat… if anyone has any natural remedy suggestions that have helped to soothe flu symptoms, I would be most grateful to hear them:)

I have listed a new item in our Mamma4earth family shop, some bottle green glass stitch markers, made by my wonderful daughter Jenna.

Happy weekend xo
(PS Thinking of you my dear friend Shannon xo xo)

17 Responses to Images Around Our Home and Garden

1. Lynda Halliger-Otvos June 11, 2011 at 4:49 pm #

The little bunnies are just adorable. We had a few a spring or two back that just hopped and nibbled and twitched so cutely I couldn’t believe it. Jenna’s stitch markers are gorgeous-green is the color of the season, isn’t it?

2. Rene' Sharp June 11, 2011 at 4:57 pm #

What a stunning post my friend. I LOVE the little peeks into your life. Those bunnies are just adorable… what a sweet little bridge… I see your chicks also make a bit of a mess of your garden… those stitch markers are gorgeous!! I have been as sick as a dog for the last few days, but today managed to do a bit of spinning, and am really enjoying it. Sending you and your family hugs xx

3. woolies June 11, 2011 at 5:25 pm #

Your home is so warm and beautiful. Happy birthday to Jen and I hope Erin feels better soon (no remedies that I know of…). Your bunnies are adorable. 🙂

4. anushka June 11, 2011 at 8:13 pm #

oh what a lovely story about your daughter’s bird! that made me tear up. your home is warm and cozy, inside and out. i’d love to come and knit with you on that soft cushiony couch. : )

5. Linda June 11, 2011 at 8:54 pm #

Hello Anushka,
    Tea would be lovely!
    Warmly

6. Rachel June 12, 2011 at 1:06 am #

My favorite photo is the shot looking in the window at your spinning wheel.

Poor girl. The flu just stinks and I can’t think of anything that well help other than a good book and wrapping up in some quilts….

7. eidolons June 12, 2011 at 1:14 am #

Flu: Elderberry syrup. It’s yummy, too. Mix it with some juice, take it straight up. Oooh. Mix it with sparkling mineral water and some ginger. Yum!

8. Redbeet Mama June 12, 2011 at 2:22 am #

Hi Old friend, I haven’t been here in awhile and stopping by today made me remember why I love your blog so much. Your home is so loved and cared for – your family is blessed.

May your efforts be always appreciated.

Love & light, Nicole

9. K June 12, 2011 at 4:22 am #

I’m afraid that time is the most natural cure for flu. Time and rest and water and chicken soup. I hope she feels better, darn it. I hate to think of that happy face flushed and tired.

It is necessary, I think, in the course of happiness, to do as you have done today, stopping to see the small places of life – the tiny triangles of warm light at a certain time of day, the contrast of bright, new green against the deep dark soil – living moments of cats and chickens, wonderful corners where there are graceful, provocative bridges – our lives are the aggregate of small things, small blessings, small moments of amber light, glinting along the honey wooden wheel we use to spin our days.

And I, too, feel the richness of my own tapestry as I look at the images of yours.

10. Victoria June 12, 2011 at 10:35 am #

What a glorious post. Thank goodness little Doug returned. Hope the invalid is recovering. Thank you for sharing your lovely photos. It is as if we have been to visit you. x

11. Shannon June 12, 2011 at 11:01 am #

Thank you Linda, made me cry again… I so love the picture of your big ginger puss..I bet he is all fur!

12. no spring chicken June 12, 2011 at 4:46 pm #

I really enjoyed all of your photos. What beauty!

I’m sorry that Erin is ill. There’s nothing better than plenty of hot herbal teas, rest, and home made chicken soup.

Hope she’s feeling well soon!

Blessings, Debbie

13. The Handmaden June 13, 2011 at 1:34 pm #

Beautiful pictures Linda, thanks for sharing 🙂

14. Forest-Dweller June 13, 2011 at 1:49 pm #

What a lovely home! The kids and I just love the cat…he looks so squishy sunning.

15. Meredith Trampush June 14, 2011 at 4:02 am #

Hi,
    I recommend Purification and Theives essential oils by Young Living. I use them for any virus symptom and they never let me down. I put a view drops of each in a small bottle mixed with whiskey, or alcohol of choice and water and spray in mouth whenever I get a bug.
    :O) get well soon!

16. Hanneke June 14, 2011 at 7:45 am #

Hai Linda, I do like your blog and all the beautiful things you make.
    For fluremedies you could try these little balls at herb mentor.

17. Hanneke June 14, 2011 at 7:52 am #

This comment has been removed by the author.