Yarn Along

Today I am so excited to take part in Ginny’s Yarn Along! I have been wanting to join for ages and today is the day:) I started this knitted vest a while ago and wasn’t quite sure how I would finish off the neck line but now I have renewed enthusiasm and have begun working on this project again. I am knitting it in a varigated handspun merino with light and darker flecks of baby blue, I love it! I am knitting it on my Knit Picks Interchangeable needles I just adore these needles, they are so smooth to use and the yarn just glides along…

At the moment we are reading books for Erin’s grade 6 Middle Ages Waldorf curriculum block, Cathedral by David Macaulay,  which is a fantastic book taking you on a wonderful journey about the building of a cathedral from beginnig to end. The Library of the Middle Ages and Famous men of the Middle Ages. We are enjoying thes books tremendously and learning so much at the same time. I am so looking forward to visiting all of your yarn along blog posts:)

17 Responses to Yarn Along

1. Elizabeth March 9, 2011 at 7:03 pm #

Linda, So glad you have finally joined in the fun of Ginny’s Yarn Along. So much inspiration to be found. Your book list is wonderful. We have read the same books when studying the Middle Ages. I really would love the chance to chat with you about Waldorf homeschooling.

Blessings, Elizabeth

2. Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} March 9, 2011 at 7:28 pm #

Hi Linda 🙂 You are going to love participating in Ginny’s yarn along 🙂 It is so much fun to visit and see what everyone is making. My ravelry queue is growing by leeps and bounds *grin*. Such a pretty color you are using for you sweater and I’m looking forward to seeing more of it 🙂

3. Sarah March 9, 2011 at 7:29 pm #

We are also in the Middle Ages right now. I’m about to introduce Liz to “Crispin.” David Macauley is our neighbor so that is fun.

4. Linda March 9, 2011 at 7:51 pm #

Dear Elizabeth,
    Aren’t the Middle Ages wonderful to study? We are having so much fun. I would also love to chat to you about homeschooling. I will email you soon:)
    xo

Hi Rosina,
    I also have a list of projects I want to start… soon I hope:)
    Thanks so much for stopping by.
    xo

Dear Sarah,
    Jenna loved the book Crispin it has been one of her favourites! How amazing that David Macauley is your neighbour! Wow! His Castle book is amazing too!
    Take care

5. Kaylana March 9, 2011 at 8:01 pm #

Hi! It’s nice to have you join us. The Yarn Along sure keeps me knitting along. 🙂
    I really laughed at the slug pattern near the top of your page. Sometimes it really feels like all I could knit is a slug – or maybe I’m a slug at knitting. Both are sometimes true. Haha!
    Looking forward to seeing more of your creations!
    Cheers!

6. meghann March 9, 2011 at 8:39 pm #

I love-love-love that wool – the colour is really gorgeous! I’m also using KnitPicks interchangeables & couldn’t agree more with your assessment of them. 🙂

Enjoy “Cathedral” – I love that whole collection by Macaulay. I’m looking forward to being able to read them with my little ones when they’re bigger…

7. Lise March 9, 2011 at 8:59 pm #

Welcome!

I love the yarn you’re using! Your vest will be beautiful.

8. KnitterMama March 9, 2011 at 9:20 pm #

I have always wondered about those needles. It is nice to hear of someone who likes them…

9. Rachel March 9, 2011 at 9:27 pm #

I love love love the Knit Picks Interchangeable needles. As soon as I saw those suckers I knew I had to have them. Haven’t regretted buying them. Not once!

10. Heidi March 9, 2011 at 10:14 pm #

Linda,

S happy that you are joining in! I’ve been enjoying reading your other posts. I love that blue you are knitting with. My mom gave me a set of the harmony wood kp interchangeable needles for Christmas and I haven’t had a chance to use them yet. I will definitely be putting that cathedral book on mynlist for when we get to that time period…we will just be getting started with the ancient world next school year. Have a great day!

11. Gen March 9, 2011 at 10:31 pm #

The middle ages books look fantastic & your vest is beautiful!

12. Valarie March 10, 2011 at 2:05 am #

So nice you’ve made it over to Ginny’s yarn along. The time period you are studying is one of our favorites.

13. Tracey March 10, 2011 at 4:39 am #

Oh, I am glad to here that you like the interchangeable needles. I have been wanting to get a pair, but wasn’t sure how they would feel.
    Warmly,
    Tracey

14. Bec March 10, 2011 at 8:00 am #

I’ve just started knitting something myself, and reading as well. Maybe I will share next thursday. I love the colours in your knitting.

15. Linda March 10, 2011 at 2:33 pm #

Dear Kaylana,
    I am so happy you enjoyed the slug:)

Hi Tracey,
    The interchangeables are wonderful:)

Dear Bec,
    I am looking forward to your post next week:)

16. Baa-Me Kniits March 11, 2011 at 5:15 am #

Looks lovely, I’ve been meaning to look into those interchangable needle.

If you want a good story about the middle ages and Cathedrals you can’t go past Ken Follett and his Pillars of the Earth Series…..I loved them!

17. K March 11, 2011 at 5:33 pm #

Love the needles. Jenni – you’ve love them, too – ask Rachel. She’ll tell you.

The impossible but greatest thing is to actually go to England and walk the streets of York and Shrewsbury because THEY ARE STILL middle ages. Amazing. To walk a street, knowing that (while you won’t have slops dropped on your head( your feet are treading the very same cobbles that numberless other very real humans have walked over for so many hundreds of years, you’d just have to lose count. And in York, at the end of the shambles, is a fabulous cathedral.

Notre Dame is also wonderful in Paris. But you will be appalled when you go through a Cathedral to realize that there is actual church going on in them even as tourists wander around, shouting at each other and their children, talking out loud like they think they are in a shopping mall. Very weird.