The Weekend…

A boy and his dad.
The Shalom Cardigan yesterday.
Oh Charlie…
Yes, it’s much easier if you climb halfway into the basket…
The cardigan today…

We have had a lovely weekend, I have knitted and knitted and really loved every minute of it. I have added more photos to my Ravelry page here. I have started to pick up stitches and knit the sleeves:) If you have a Ravelry page and would like to share your link please feel free to leave it in the comments.

I am having a giveaway over at Progressive Pioneer at the moment. I went over there and read the comments that have been left by all you wonderful mamas. Thank you so very much for your kind words, I feel so humbled and blessed.

15 Responses to The Weekend…

1. Tammy July 18, 2010 at 8:37 pm #

LOL…love the photo of Charlie. 😉

2. L'Atelier July 18, 2010 at 8:50 pm #

lovely weekend.
    and love the cardigan!

you deserve each and every one of those comments 😀

3. Redbeet Mama July 18, 2010 at 9:13 pm #

Beautiful photos – and I just lobe that green knit.

4. Ren- Lady Of The Arts July 18, 2010 at 10:00 pm #

Charlie is such beauty!

And I love that shade of green you chose for the sweater!

5. CHILDHOOD MAGIC July 19, 2010 at 1:25 am #

what a lovely weekend. Your knitting looks beautiful!

6. Tan Family July 19, 2010 at 2:14 am #

You are a gifted knitter! Truly beautiful work. I wish that you loved closer and we could sit and knit together. :)

7. Homesteadgirl July 19, 2010 at 3:50 am #

I started a shalom in almost this exact shade of green, but didn’t like how those little indents at the armpits kinda spread over my breasts…not sure if it’s a busty-gal’s kind of sweater…but when I looked back at soulemama’s version, it did the same thing and looked okay…yours makes me wonder if I should just try it again! Lovely yarn…yours? LOVE the pink handspun at prog. pioneer!! Just beautiful.

8. softearthart July 19, 2010 at 4:23 am #

Love that green, and boys do love their dads, cheers Marie

9. K July 19, 2010 at 4:40 am #

Charles the Cat. I have no cats now, but my checkers, a gorgeous gray and white, used to come to my bedroom window on the second floor and scratch at the sashing till I let him in. I loved that cat. And he was hit by a car. I thought my heart would break, and indeed, I’m sure it did. A long time ago now. Love is always a risk (she said, having five horses, two dogs and a ton of people).

10. Shannon July 19, 2010 at 8:51 am #

Dear Linda, it is a simply stunning cardigan, love the green. looks like you had beautiful sunny weather for the weekend too.
    What is it about cats and wool?

11. Kelly July 20, 2010 at 1:15 am #

Hi Linda
    Lovely picture of boy and dad on bikes. It always amazes me how much knitting you get done! Always so beautiful.
    Best wishes

12. Rachel July 20, 2010 at 5:45 pm #

Wow! Look at the progress you’ve made on your sweater! Such a beautiful job you are doing. No surprise there of course. 😉

We’re heading up into the mountains tomorrow for three whole blissful days of being away. I can’t wait.

Of course today means kill ourselves to get ready! 😀 But it will be worth it when I get up there, pull out my knitting needles, and quietly sit and knit and knit and knit to my hearts content.

13. goldenbird July 21, 2010 at 6:35 am #

Oh, how sweet, Charlie is helping you knit! Looks like a lovely weekend, Linda. I like your green cardigan very much.

14. Meryl July 21, 2010 at 5:38 pm #

What a pretty Shalom! I’ve had that on my “to knit” list forever.

15. Sunshine Mama July 22, 2010 at 4:53 pm #

I love your cardigan, what a great colour!