Spring Garland / Mobile Tutorial

Today the girls and I made Spring Garlands, some will be going into our Etsy shop for sale. I thought I would share a tutorial with you:)
Spring Garland / Mobile Tutorial:
Materials Needed:
Rainbow felt
Scissors
Ribbon
Braid
Craft flowers
Needle and thread
Wire
Pliers
Selotape
Love:)
Cut and join your wire, I just joined mine firmly with tape.
Attatch your ribbon with tape, sew it fast and wind your ribbon around your wire making sure to overlap each time.
Once you have reached the end, sew your ribbon securely.
Wind your little craft roses around your garland.
I cut out butterfly shapes from my stash of rainbow felt.
Folded them over and sewed them together, making them look like their wings are upright.
Attached a handle so that the garland can hang.
I sewed a little abdomen onto the middle of the butterfly to weight it so that it would hang nicely and then I took some embroidery thread and attached it onto the garland.

And there you have it, a Spring garland….

Happy Tuesday everyone,

Warmly

13 Responses to Spring Garland / Mobile Tutorial

1. Nadja Magdalena April 20, 2010 at 1:29 pm #

Beautiful! My daughter is going to want one of these…

2. Redbeet Mama April 20, 2010 at 2:26 pm #

Very pretty!

Perfect for a Beltane celebration.

Nicole

3. SewnNatural April 20, 2010 at 2:27 pm #

Gorgeous idea – love your rainbow felt 🙂

I’m going to make one of these for sure! THank you, thank you

4. Cheryl April 20, 2010 at 2:36 pm #

Oh how beautiful. A lovely way to celebrate spring. I think my girls would enjoy making one of these. I’m really fascinated by your rainbow felt. I’m going to look at your tutorial for making that next.

5. CHILDHOOD MAGIC April 20, 2010 at 3:16 pm #

Beautiful Linda! Thank you for the step-by-step! I’ll have to try it soon!

6. K April 20, 2010 at 4:15 pm #

I love the soft air of spring, and the colors that seem to resurrect the eye. But even as I write this, I realize that this is off season for you – you should be doing autumn leaves and acorns (well, maybe not acorns, looking at your yard!).

7. Val April 20, 2010 at 9:16 pm #

Excellent idea! Many thanks :0)

8. Dawn April 21, 2010 at 3:32 am #

The spring garland is beautiful. I would love to try and make this.

9. S April 21, 2010 at 7:54 am #

So beautiful, you are quite an inspiration and so very generous. The most simple things often are the most lovely. Thank you, have a wonderful evening.
    Oh! a little dog arrived today. The big girl was soo excited, loved all the stamps on the parcel (so pretty)and was delighted with her new little friend waiting inside the package – she is busy thinking of a of a name for him. 🙂

10. Valarie April 22, 2010 at 4:21 pm #

I love the colors of the butterflies. Very beautiful. We’ll have to make one of these.

11. luciana April 24, 2010 at 2:51 am #

So beautiful! Thanks for posting this tutorial.

12. Twig and Toadstool April 24, 2010 at 2:30 pm #

Oh my goodness!!! I know we will be making one of these! What a delightful addition to a spring nature table!!!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Maureen

13. Foxglove Spires October 15, 2010 at 5:59 pm #

My little princess has fallen in love with these she loves the Spring garland and as it is Spring here in Australia we will try to make them.!!! Thank you