WIP Wednesday… Knitted Easter Eggs

This is my WIP Wednesday post, knitted Easter eggs, I have been working on a pattern today and I am almost finished… I have been knitting in the round working with the magic loop, this is such a lovely way to knit in the round, it has revolutionized my knitting, let me tell you!
I have so enjoyed knitting this little egg. I have knitted it with a purple Merino and a rainbow Mohair yarn for the striped area. It was really fun to knit:) Tomorrow I will be posting the pattern for everyone who would like to knit up some Eggs for Easter:)
Such cuteness, I know, they are just adorable, their mama has abandoned them and we are looking after these 9 little ones. Our children are in their element, they have given them all names and I have been told that we will be keeping every one of them… Yikes! 🙂

Another reason why I love Wednesdays, besides WIP Wednesday, is that this is the morning that our knitting group meets. It is such a wonderful time we share, we are a group of mamas who love to knit, we sit and chat, laugh, knit of course and learn new knitting techniques etc… wonderful 🙂  We missed you today Heidi, looking forward to seeing you next week:) Heidi has a beautiful blog, if you have a chance, stop by and see her lovely tutorials:)
See you all tomorrow with the Easter egg knitting pattern:)
Warmly

20 Responses to WIP Wednesday… Knitted Easter Eggs

1. K March 3, 2010 at 6:08 pm #

When my girl came to visit, we were eager for her to learn knitting (she’s been crocheting adorable animals, but I wanted to share what I’d learned). Of course, she shows up with this book that is COMPLETELY outside what I’ve been doing – knitting everything, all these tiny animals, in the ROUND. I hadn’t done that for a decade, not since I made a thousand Christmas Stockings for the family. So I had to sit down with the book and re-learn the techniques.

I thought I was going to be able to capitalize on my new and wonderful supply of loop needles – but it turns out that you can’t work in nine stitches on a loop. So I was stuck with three on three needles – which is NO FUN. Oy, no fun. You’re working with 3.25mm needles, stretched thin and it’s nearly impossible to see what you’re doing, even with reading glasses. So I am VERY excited about doing eggs in the round with the loops. THIS, I want to learn!

2. CHILDHOOD MAGIC March 3, 2010 at 6:28 pm #

Oh my goodness! Those bunnies are too cute! And the eggs— I love them. Will have to add this project to our spring collection of goodies!

3. Joy March 3, 2010 at 6:31 pm #

What adorable little bunnies!! I love the egg. I crocheted some last year but haven’t tried knitting any. I look forward to your pattern. 🙂

4. momma rae March 3, 2010 at 6:42 pm #

so kind that you are sharing your easter egg pattern! we love the silk ones we bought from you last year.

i have been working on some nests…will post pics later today! i am curious about the magic loop method. this was my first project in the round and i can’t say i am loving circular needles. lots of struggles for me.

5. Heather March 3, 2010 at 6:56 pm #

I am making a few of your nests right now, and I am loving them. I love knitting easter eggs, and they will be a perfect compliment

6. Heidi March 3, 2010 at 8:00 pm #

I missed you my friends!!! Am SO looking forward to seeing you next week!

7. Brittney Harmon March 3, 2010 at 8:17 pm #

Oh My goodness those little bunnies are soooooo cute! We have one, the babies love him, but he’s getting old. Cute projects, too!

8. goldenbird March 3, 2010 at 9:30 pm #

Your blog is filled with cuteness today! I love the Easter egg, and those baby bunnies … oh my. They look so soft and cuddley.

Thank you for your nice comment on my blog yesterday.

9. Elizabeth March 3, 2010 at 9:58 pm #

The bunnies are too cute! And I can’t wait to try the Easter egg knitting pattern. Thanks for sharing.

10. Tammy March 3, 2010 at 10:14 pm #

Oh my gosh, those bunnies are adorable! Can you hear me and my girls oohing and aahing over them? 🙂

11. Erin Wallace March 4, 2010 at 1:00 am #

So happy to have found your blog – always nice to find another down to earth knitter (but is there any other kind)? Loved your tutorial on eucalyptus dying; have wanted to try some dying myself (I recycle sweaters for their yarn). Anyhow, will be following, and so happy to have found you! Erin

12. Dawn March 4, 2010 at 6:42 am #

Ahhh…love the bunnies! I just put out a green and white knitted Easter egg that you made last year. I love your knitted eggs.

13. mrsbeccijo March 4, 2010 at 8:45 am #

I want a bunny!!! So cute the bunnies and the eggs!
    Beccijo

14. Looks beautiful- I love the eggs- what a great community you have there…

15. Valarie March 5, 2010 at 3:42 am #

Oh these bunnies are too cute. I love those eggs as well. They are just beautiful. I also wanted to drop a word of thanks for the wonderful giveaway you participated in over at Gardenmama. I won and I’m just thrilled. Take care and keep knitting.
    Yours,
    Valarie

16. renee ~ heirloom seasons March 5, 2010 at 7:22 am #

I want to knit some eggs soon too! Wondering what nest Heather is talking about… perhaps I missed something…

17. Linda March 5, 2010 at 7:27 am #

Hi Renee,
    Thanks for stopping by:) Heather is talking about the knitted nest pattern in my sidebar. There is a free pattern there:) I am going to post the easter egg pattern today. My hubby came home quite late from a business trip last night, so I though I would leave the egg pattern for today and spend some time with my hubby love:)
    Warmly

18. 5orangepotatoes March 5, 2010 at 4:19 pm #

I think I have seen the cutest post possible for the day already! Those bunnies are the sweetest. I love the knit eggs. Someday perhaps, I will learn.

lisa

19. Kristie Karima Burns, MH, ND March 5, 2010 at 5:15 pm #

Thank you so much for the knitted egg tutorial. They are so cute. But I am most happy I checked your BLOG out just so I could see all those cute bunnies. If you lived anywhere near me I would be on your doorstep right now asking to sit with the baby bunnies all day 🙂 Lovely!

20. Beth March 5, 2010 at 5:41 pm #

Oh my, Linda! The bunnies are so cute. You had the entire household here in a swoon over them!!
    xoxo