Spring Tomorrow!!!

We are definately moving out of the winter cold into such wonderful weather. Tomorrow will be our first day of Spring, yay! It has been so lovely and warm, we have all been wearing tee shirts and yesterday, we all worked in the garden, it was wonderful. We went out to a nursery for lunch and bought some lovely colourful plants to plant in our new oak barrel planters.

I just love these Oak barrels, they were wine vats, and they have been repurposed as planters lovely…

I just had to include this photo of our first Asparagus harvest, I know it is small, but it is our first crop. I steamed them ever so slightly and we ate them for supper, boy they were delicious!

Happy Spring for tomorrow and for everyone in the Northern Hemisphere, Happy Autumn 🙂

11 Responses to Spring Tomorrow!!!

1. Tammy August 31, 2009 at 9:53 pm #

Fresh asparagus…is there anything better? You are beginning your spring and we are beginning our autumn. Both are such lovely times of the year. 🙂

2. Angela August 31, 2009 at 9:53 pm #

So exciting to get the first tender asparagus! Those barrels are great! Where did you get them?

We’re excited about the changing seasons, too, but in the opposite direction. We’ve been enjoying the crispness in the air in the mornings, and looking forward to apple and pear harvests and all the good things of fall.

Enjoy your warmer weather!

3. Tahara August 31, 2009 at 10:58 pm #

Thanks for the autumn wishes!…I am glad you are enjoying the coming of spring…Autumn is my favorite time of year, so it looks like we are both looking forward to what is coming 🙂

I love the barrels as planters…Such a lovely idea!

4. goldenbird September 1, 2009 at 4:40 am #

Happy spring to you, Linda. Your asparagus looks delicous.

5. Linda September 1, 2009 at 8:03 am #

Tammy
    The asparagus was lovely and I am thrilled that it is Spring here, so lovely and warm…

Angela
    We were so impressed with our small harvest of asparagus, we bought our barels at a little nursery in the farming area. I love them.

Tahara
    Thanks for your visit Tahara, I love the changing of seasons too. Thanks about the planters…

Goldenbird:
    Thanks for the Spring wishes Stacy, hope you had a great birthday!

6. Pink & Green Mama September 1, 2009 at 8:05 pm #

Wow you are so lucky to have homegrown asparagus. I’ve been wanting to plant a patch ever since reading “Animal Vegetable Miracle” Happy SPRING!!

7. themagiconions September 1, 2009 at 10:35 pm #

Happy Spring! So lovely to be planting.
    Blessings and magic.

8. Joy September 2, 2009 at 2:39 am #

Spring planting, how fun! The asparagus looks delicious. Enjoy your spring. 🙂

9. Linda September 2, 2009 at 8:13 am #

Hi Donni and Joy
    Thanks for your Spring Wishes 🙂

10. Dawn September 2, 2009 at 7:19 pm #

Yay for spring! Fresh asparagus in the spring is one of my favorite treats. 🙂

11. gardenmama September 3, 2009 at 5:20 am #

I know how exciting the first signs and the warmth of Spring is : ) I am so happy for you to be in this new season! Enjoy these sweet days Linda!